WWE Announces next 3 wrestlemanias

poetofthedeed

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Also I don't know why they have decided to do another 2 night wrestlemania man, It didn't work last year, It completely takes away from the big spectacle and was a massive factor making last year's mania one of the worst in the companies history 

Splitting the show into two was by far one of the only positives of last year’s event. Rather than a six plus hour slog that leaves you with a migraine, two three hour events was a million times better.

How does doing two shows of manageable length rather than an insane endurance test, “take away,” from the spectacle? Would you genuinely prefer them to go back to the way Mania was the last few years prior, where they go on forever and absolutely no-one bar the performers can be fucked by the time the main event rolls around?

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Splitting the show into two was by far one of the only positives of last year’s event. Rather than a six plus hour slog that leaves you with a migraine, two three hour events was a million times better.

How does doing two shows of manageable length rather than an insane endurance test, “take away,” from the spectacle? Would you genuinely prefer them to go back to the way Mania was the last few years prior, where they go on forever and absolutely no-one bar the performers can be fucked by the time the main event rolls around?

Yeah i would totally and respectfully disagree and say I do prefer a big spectacle 1 big show like we have had every year than broken up into 2 4 hour shows. I think splitting it up takes away from the fact it's the biggest show of the year and takes that spectacle away. It's completely my opinion and maybe you feel different but the whole point of the royal rumble is to crown a winner and that winner gets to fight for the title in the main event on the biggest show of the year. But that is sort of a null and void point now because there are 2 main events so even if you don't win the royal rumble your still in with a chance of being able to main event a wrestlemania show.

Considering winning the Royal Rumble hasn’t always guaranteed going on last, I’d say that point was already null and void.

I fully support two days. I’d even support them doing three 2-hour shows.

No one should have to watch anything for 6 hours.

18 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Considering winning the Royal Rumble hasn’t always guaranteed going on last, I’d say that point was already null and void.

I fully support two days. I’d even support them doing three 2-hour shows.

No one should have to watch anything for 6 hours.

You obviously don't watch MMA. Most shows go on for 5/6 hours minimum depending on how the fights go, Last nights card for example went 5 and a half hours top to bottom and they run shows every week that way. They don't market something as the biggest card of the year but split it over 2 days so it's nice and manageable for everyone 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

You obviously don't watch MMA. Most shows go on for 5/6 hours minimum depending on how the fights go, Last nights card for example went 5 and a half hours top to bottom and they run shows every week that way. They don't market something as the biggest card of the year but split it over 2 days so it's nice and manageable for everyone 

UFC prelims aren't at all relevant to this. No more relevant than the early matches on a boxing card when 3/4 of the crowd are still in the pub or restaurant. 

Anyway, the ideal situation is a one night Mania, 4 hours tops.

14 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The problem with main eventing WrestleMania in front of a crowd after a 6 hour slog is that no one gives a fuck. The crowds are SO done by that point. It's horrible to watch.

They're much better off being able to perform in front of a fairly fresh crowd that are still interested, whether it's on the first night or the second. WrestleMania is WrestleMania regardless.

I’ve no problem with a two nighter for Mania again, I actually quite enjoyed last year’s, even if they shoe horned a lot of TV matches to pad it out. The 6-8 hour format can get very draining and was getting like the earlier Manias were two many people were getting matches for the hell of it

Think of stuff like the 20 match card at Wrestlemania 4 just to fit the title tournament, the Hart Foundation squashing the Bolsheviks in 40 seconds at 6, the Road Warriors doing the same to Power and Glory the year after and Earthquake doing likewise to Adam Bomb at 10

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Difference being UFC shows on the whole are watchable top to bottom. 7 hours of drab wrestling is just an awful, soulless slog to get through. 

Daz does watch MMA BTW. Pretty sure he works for a company that broadcasts MMA too. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Yeah Florida allows fans in its stadiums

I'm a Miami Dolphins Fan and each home game 12,000 fans have been allowed.

Jacksonville and Tampa have also similar numbers.

Might explain the 2 nights again this year, if they are allowed say 10-15,000 then doing it over 2 nights will maximise the income.

Assuming only locals will be permitted however.

Things may have changed, but back in October/November I recall the governor of Florida approving 100% full stadiums, leaving the decision on how to restrict attendance (or otherwise) to the individual organisations.

Don't know if in this instance WWE would have to follow what the Buccaneers organisation are happy with (as they are basically renting their stadium for an event) or if they'll be left to their own devices. Whichever it is, you'd assume they'll be sensible, but it is WWE...

23 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

You’re picking on the wrong guy. I’ve had the displeasure of working more MMA and boxing shows than I care to mention.

It’s literally been my job for what feels like a lifetime.

The carving out of untelevised prelims, televised prelims and main cards give people various entrance points. You can pretty much pick your level of interest and start from there. That’s not how WrestleMania works. 

It’s an entertainment show with multiple storylines being tied up. In theory, if you watch weekly you should want to see everything, which compels you to watch all 6 hours. Which is awful.

On top of that, it’s not a real sport. It’s more comparable to watching a 6 hour soap opera that varies wildly in quality throughout. I don’t know how anyone could think that sounds anything but torture.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Statto said:

Things may have changed, but back in October/November I recall the governor of Florida approving 100% full stadiums, leaving the decision on how to restrict attendance (or otherwise) to the individual organisations.

Don't know if in this instance WWE would have to follow what the Buccaneers organisation are happy with (as they are basically renting their stadium for an event) or if they'll be left to their own devices. Whichever it is, you'd assume they'll be sensible, but it is WWE...

WWE are still running that stupid Thunderdome thing to the detriment of their product when they could have had fans in some form for ages. I don't honestly think that's fair criticism. 

Not sure how WrestleMania being so big that its now over 2 nights can reduce the spectacle. Especially when it's their only event that has that distinction. Plus they'll eventually be able to claim that they had 50,000+ (or whatever the numbers are) two nights in a row. Not even the Super Bowl can say that. 

Kfogg, if you want your main event playing out to the sound of birdsong and the milkman coming round that’s your thing, but I reckon your in the minority here.

Wrestlemania is so long because now because they’ve become conditioned to getting everybody on the show in some form or another rather than booking a meaningful show that’s a touch longer than the regular PPVs because it’s the biggest show of the year. I can remember watching WM32 and at the start Undertaker/Shane I brought up the time code to see how long was left, it wasn’t even halfway through at that point, the last thing that should be happening on your biggest show is someone getting 2 and a half hours in and thinking “fucking hell, there’s still 2 and a half hours to go”. Bruce Springsteen regularly plays 3hr sets, but I doubt even the most diehard of his fans would be willing to watch him play double that and still be with it at the end, and that would still be shorter than Wrestlemania.

You mentioned UFC going 5 plus hours last night, and as @tiger_rick pointed, prelims, be it MMA or Boxing, play out to mostly nobody. Also, how much time is there between one fight ending and another one starting? Take out all of that time and I reckon you loose at least 90 minutes.