Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

I'm 100% with @Devon Malcolm on this one, just finish the bloody roll and start a new one. If my kids and husband did this it would drive me insane. I would walk around the house easily a seething mass of Deathrey and may have to find an actual death ray.

We are also a multiple toilet roll house but that's because my toddlers always have a runny nose and it's cheaper than Kleenex and softer than kitchen roll so we have one in the living room (and a little desktop bin) and one on the dining table.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I've mentioned on here before that when I'm watching a film, if the title card looks cool/interesting I'll take a screenshot and store it on my laptop.

Over the past few years I've amassed about 500+ of them and the idea was to at some point start an Instragram page where I'd post one daily.

Anyway, my laptop finally gave up the ghost a few weeks back and I've finally got a new one. Found out today that the cloud system I had for creating back-ups for some reason completely skipped this one folder with my screenshots in, so I've lost them all.

Absolutely gutted. 

Have you still got the old laptop? Hopefully some computer whizz somewhere could get them back 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh we're stitching bog rolls together now are we?

No!

But this is UKFF so I fear the upcoming replies.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Have you still got the old laptop? Hopefully some computer whizz somewhere could get them back 

Unfortunately not. Like an idiot I took it apart to try and fix it myself and fucked it up even more, then chucked it.

It's my own fault for not checking the back-ups were working correctly, but still annoying.

I started from scratch again last night. Love Lies Bleeding was the first inductee.

See this is what I mean, to everybody else that probably sounds like a funny sentence but I didn’t even think twice when I typed it out. This is how my brain approaches day to day life!

I know all their little fucking hangouts and one day I’m taking over those territories San Andreas style.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

See this is what I mean, to everybody else that probably sounds like a funny sentence but I didn’t even think twice when I typed it out. This is how my brain approaches day to day life!

I know all their little fucking hangouts and one day I’m taking over those territories San Andreas style.

You mean you're...

david-caruso-glasses-on.gif

...planning a coo?

On 7/21/2024 at 4:00 PM, Slapnut said:

I’ve just been chased home by one and now I presume the same one is dive bombing me in my own garden. It’s a lovely day and I can’t go outside to enjoy it. 

Sounds like you’ve got a chip on your shoulder

• Paid Members

People, usually chefs or magazine writers, who use “store cupboard” or worse, “storecupboard” for where ingredients are kept. ALL cupboards are “store cupboards.” You store stuff in the cupboard. That’s what a cupboard is.

The continued dumbing down of English with redundant prefixes to perfectly cromulent words will probably lead to us declaring “Just nipping to the pisstoilet.”

36 minutes ago, air_raid said:

People, usually chefs or magazine writers, who use “store cupboard” or worse, “storecupboard” for where ingredients are kept. ALL cupboards are “store cupboards.” You store stuff in the cupboard. That’s what a cupboard is.

The continued dumbing down of English with redundant prefixes to perfectly cromulent words will probably lead to us declaring “Just nipping to the pisstoilet.”

Like Americans who call glasses, “eyeglasses”. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Both of those are fine. Eyeglasses as apposed to ones you drink from. I guess my minor annoyance is people thinking the English language makes any sense and that it's only modern adaptations that make it silly or superfluous. It's chock full of contradictions and pointlessness already. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, gmoney said:

contradictions

“Colours clashing” meaning either colours wildly contrasting or being too similar, depending on context, is my favourite.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, air_raid said:

“Colours clashing” meaning either colours wildly contrasting or being too similar, depending on context, is my favourite.

Working at a football kit supplier, this is one of my pet peeves.

"We can't get a black kit because we'll clash with the ref." No you won't, you'll match with the ref!