Legit tough guys of Pro Wrestling

IronSheik

3 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

Lord Littlebrook 

Absolutely terrorized Jack Victory & Rip Morgan when he managed the New Zealand Militia and later the Royal Family.  Jacko and Ripper daren't cross his Lordship, even thoough they had the two on odd ones should they have wanted to.  Also was fearless standing up to King Kong Bundy at Wrestlemania III.  Folks knew not to try Lord Littlebrook!

Anyone who "nailed Bundy right in the Boiler" is pretty damn hard in my book! 

• Moderators

There's a story in Bret's book about the WWF staying in a hotel in Liverpool on one of the European tours, where Spurs were booked in too. Both crews were drinking in the bar together, and there was a lot of banter about wrestling not being a real sport. It ended up kicking off, with Sid and Ahmed Johnson going mental, tipping tables over and threatening to punch Gary Mabbutt's eye straight. "I'm on the insulin!" he begged, but they lifted him up on Man Mountain Rock's shoulders for a Doomsday Device.

Suddenly Vinny Samways climbs up on the bar and undoes the top button of his jeans. The rest of the footballers immediately make a bolt for the exit, as they know what's coming. He doesn't even get the whole thing out, just the head. But it's enough. He peels back the foreskin, which makes this crinkling sound like ripping up old lino, and the fucking stink just floods the place. The WWF lads go down one after the other, and even the hard nuts like Haku and Paul Roma are left convulsing. Harvey Wippleman went blind for six months. I don't care how muscley you are, you're not fending off willy-stink with a takedown.

Diesel was the last to drop, because he's the tallest, so the pong took a bit longer to reach him. Bret quotes him in the book as saying "in all my years, I have never smelled a dick that rotten. Pee-yew!" before he face-planted.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

I wonder if Peter Beardsley, Peter Beagrie and Peter Beadle ever met and one of the went “Weird how we are all footballers and our names are quite similar isn’t it?”

Then they’d probably decide that it isn’t all that odd.

Also Pete Beale (Who, of course, was played by a Buddhist who didn’t drink, which is why he always drunk out of a metal tankard in the Queen Vic; they used real beer in those days you see) might have theoretically got involved.

• Paid Members
Just now, danlewis said:

I wonder if Peter Beardsley, Peter Beagrie and Peter Beadle ever met and one of the went “Weird how we are all footballers and our names are quite similar isn’t it?”

Then they’d probably decide that it isn’t all that odd.

Similar thing recently with the England cricket team having Foakes, Stokes and Woakes. Although I'd argue that was odder.