Legit tough guys of Pro Wrestling

IronSheik

This reminds me of the commentary I saw on Youtube of Waltman and Hall watching Hogan vs Woyah at Mania. Both say that, in a fight, they'd want Hogan in their corner, because of his naturally bigger frame and shovel hands, whereas Warrior was a ton on mass on a small frame with small joints (apparently). Sure, it might be the NWO bigging up their boy, but how prime Hogan would've handled himself in a legit barney would've been interesting. Are there any stories about our Terry?

• Paid Members

3 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

This reminds me of the commentary I saw on Youtube of Waltman and Hall watching Hogan vs Woyah at Mania. Both say that, in a fight, they'd want Hogan in their corner, because of his naturally bigger frame and shovel hands, whereas Warrior was a ton on mass on a small frame with small joints (apparently). Sure, it might be the NWO bigging up their boy, but how prime Hogan would've handled himself in a legit barney would've been interesting. Are there any stories about our Terry?

I (briefly of course) met Hogan at a meet and greet before a TNA house show in 2011 (?) and had a quick photo and handshake. I remember to this day how massive his hands were. If that's the basis then I can't fathom how big Andre's were.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I (briefly of course) met Hogan at a meet and greet before a TNA house show in 2011 (?) and had a quick photo and handshake. I remember to this day how massive his hands were. 

Big enough to press slam the 700lb giant clean over his head and pin him for the first time ever, brother. Blew a hole in his back like a shotgun, brother. Sadly Andre died from his injuries just a few short months later, brother.

The Iron Sheik had a legit Greco Roman Wrestling background and was strong as an ox. He also did security for the Royalty in his native Iran. He also beat the fuck out of American football players who dis-respected Bruno Samartino throwing them around and biting one on their neck. 

Rick Rude is a great shout. Proper bar brawler. Arm wrestler and general hard cunt.

I reckon Big Kevin Nash would be formidable in a fight (before his knees were fucked).

Edited by IronSheik

Wasn't it around the tune of Savage 's short stint in TNA where Hogan was a free agent and Savage having slated Hogan for years and mouthing off how he'd f**k him up bumped into him at TNA when they were trying to bring him in and Hogan was like "let's just settle this now outside" and Savage basically legged it, drove off and said he'd never attend if Hogan was there again?? 

Isnt RVD meant to be a legit hardcase who fucked Tazz up when Tazz was buying into his gimmik a lil too much?? And wasn't someone anyone in Ecw or wwe wanted to fuck with? 

49 minutes ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Wasn't it around the tune of Savage 's short stint in TNA where Hogan was a free agent and Savage having slated Hogan for years and mouthing off how he'd f**k him up bumped into him at TNA when they were trying to bring him in and Hogan was like "let's just settle this now outside" and Savage basically legged it, drove off and said he'd never attend if Hogan was there again?? 

Isnt RVD meant to be a legit hardcase who fucked Tazz up when Tazz was buying into his gimmik a lil too much?? And wasn't someone anyone in Ecw or wwe wanted to fuck with? 

Yeah Van Dam allegedly said to Tazz "pick a hand" then open slapped the piss out of him.

Speaking of ECW, if weapons were allowed New Jack is probably the most experienced at stabbing folk without remorse.

For such a hard case, there's strikingly few stories of Kevin Nash ever fighting. Other than the time he either slapped or pie-faced Piper, but that's not exactly Pillman kicking the shit out of Brick Bronsky after being cheapshotted, or Paul Orndorff showing Vader It's Wonderful Time while wearing sandals. 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, ElCece said:

They always say the hardest people don't need to flash if all the time.

Ah, tough by reputation. Nobody messes because you’d widely regarded as being hard as nails, even though nobody ever saw anything. Should die out when you leave school, but doesn’t.