Legit tough guys of Pro Wrestling

IronSheik

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t care if they weren’t at Fulham together but John Collins and Collins John. 

I'd love to have introduced them. 

"John, have you met Collins?,No? Well John Collins this is Collins John." Some Twin Peaks shit. 

Anyway, I know there's all sorts of stories about Meng being well hard, but frankly I don't believe them because I think he looks like a kindly uncle. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, gmoney said:

"John, have you met Collins?,No? Well John Collins this is Collins John." Some Twin Peaks shit. 

"Roger, Roger. What's our vector Victor?"

To work out who's the legit hard case, you've got to weigh up the combination of physical strength, body mass, technical skills, and all out insanity.

Brock's big, strong and skilled, but he's nowhere near the level of pschopathic nutjob that Haku or Steiner are.

5 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

"Roger, Roger. What's our vector Victor?"

To work out who's the legit hard case, you've got to weigh up the combination of physical strength, body mass, technical skills, and all out insanity.

Brock's big, strong and skilled, but he's nowhere near the level of pschopathic nutjob that Haku or Steiner are.

On the list of people with the technical credentials - Kurt Angle would be up there.

On the psychopathy front - I reckon Macho Man would be a crazy fucker in a real fight.

Ric Rude and Haku

I don't know whether it's revisionist history or rose tinted spectacles  but every single shoot interview with the 'older' generation of wrestlers over the last 20 odd years seems to put them 2 at the top and have a story that's corroborated in someone else's shoot. 

There's a million stories of Rude in a sling, or in a cast just sparking guys out with slaps! 

Interestingly I don't think I've heard a story about either steiner's hardcase antics that weren't abusing jobbers, backstage personnel or obvious easy/non threatening targets. Which does make you think. 

Rude ticks all the boxes. Plenty of corroborated stories, didn't take himself too seriously in the ring, plus didn't he have a history in arm wrestling tournies? I can't imagine the power behind his forearms, so a slap from him must've been a killer.

I'd've agreed on Macho until I saw him on the Sting WCW short, making a dopey joke about owing Real Estate Steve money. Then I think of the stories of how 'protective' he was around Elizabeth, and he just comes across as very insecure rather than psychotic, to me.