Legit tough guys of Pro Wrestling

IronSheik

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Sadly Piper seems the opposite. A mega old school rep + his own self promotion and yet I cant remember one shoot where anyone legitimised Pipers hard man status???

The nearest I can think of is Bundy saying how Piper would have destroyed Mr T in a real fight, as he had the fastest hands he'd ever seen.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

The "fought in UFC" a touch generous. He got beat in one minute by Randy Couture and didn't land a single punch.

Yeah but look at it the other way he has only ever being beat by Multi-weight UFC champions. 

Ken Shamrock had the shoot credentials, the size and does come across like he has a screw loose. Wouldn't imagine any one would mess with him.... (apart from Jerry Sags)

Kurt Angle had a confidence and a belief that he could take down and stretch any cunt on the planet in his prime and I've heard a lot of people say how insanely tough he was. Like so many guys, he worked through fucking horrendous injuries which would have side lined many mortals.

Steve Blackman seems like a hardy bastard too. Albeit maybe doesn't have the devil in him as he seems a stand up dude.

37 minutes ago, IronSheik said:

Ken Shamrock had the shoot credentials, the size and does come across like he has a screw loose. Wouldn't imagine any one would mess with him.... (apart from Jerry Sags)

Kurt Angle had a confidence and a belief that he could take down and stretch any cunt on the planet in his prime and I've heard a lot of people say how insanely tough he was. Like so many guys, he worked through fucking horrendous injuries which would have side lined many mortals.

Steve Blackman seems like a hardy bastard too. Albeit maybe doesn't have the devil in him as he seems a stand up dude.

Angle is a good one. Hard as fuck and a pain threshold with or without the pills I imagine few have. Only issue I have is his striking prowess has never really been shown which is why I'd always have doubts. 

Big Shown is a massive, insanely strong fucker so whilst he obviously doesn't have the takedown shit of an Angle, "whack" on paper of a Rude, or evil cuntiness of a Haku  i sure as hell don't think many would stand a chance if he grabbed them and ragdolled/fucked around with them! 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Against drunks aye, same as the rest of these hard men. Once they face any sort of competition and they get sparked

Halme boxed professionally. I don't know much of the standard of Boxing in Scandinavia, but I wouldn't have doubted a psycho stedded up boxer. 

Is he the toughest? Nowhere near (that would be Harvey Whippleman) but being taken down and GnP'ed by Randy Couture quickly when all rounded fighters were rarities is hardly reason for acting like he was a jellyfish. 

• Paid Members

Bad News Brown challenged Andre the Giant for using a racial slur didn't he?

I don't know the validity of the story of Andre refusing the challenge, but this was 1980 before Andre was really fucked, so you'd have to think that Bad News was a bit of a hard nut (or crazy) to even go there.

20 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I reckon Regal could probably have looked after himself if he needed to. 

Yeah he has a presence about him. Street wise. Stiff working style. Didn't have any issue with laying it in on Goldberg in WCW.

In terms of being a crazy dangerous little bastard who would not back down from anyone, I've heard a good few tales about Superstar Bill Dundee in his day. Shorter guy but the type of dude with a violent short fuse who would slice you if he had to.