A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

Well I genuinely think Lewandowski, Salah and Mane are better because Lewandowski is the best out and out centre forward in the world bar none and Salah and Mane are incredible in one of the best sides in the world and have great all round games with goals, assists and work rate that go along with searing pace. The others were just gentle needling however Mbappe will probably be the best player on the planet in the next few years when he signs for Liverpool.

Well I don't really disagree with any of that. And also Lewandowski would give Kane a good run for his money in the cringey bastard competition as well.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

however Mbappe will probably be the best player on the planet in the next few years when he signs for Liverpool.

Don't see that last part coming true, but you never know.

Fucking hell, you’re gonna win the league again. Stop being so salty that you’re second at the moment. Your opinion that Salah and Mane are workhorses is fine, I don’t agree that they work harder than Kane, but I don’t watch every Liverpool game. If you watch every Spurs game, which you obviously don’t, you will see Kane making important tackles on the edge of his box, defending like his life depended on it, making last ditch tackles that no other striker does. I bet he covers more ground than Salah and Mane too.

Why would I be salty that we’re second at this stage? Just opinions. I don’t go in for running stats usually they can be impressive but not particularly informative. So, all things being equal, there’s not much init but Salah and Mane have actually won and been pivotal in winning trophies for their team, a fact, the rest is just opinions based on players I’ve seen play more and a player you’ve seen play more.

I agree with that regarding running stats. Running more doesn't necessarily mean being better. One lad at Monday 7 a side runs way more than anyone else, but that's because he is fucking shit.

As I'm bored and have had too much caffeine too late, I had a little look and could only find last years. Obviously this wildly differs based on minutes played and doesn't tell a whole lot but thought it might be of interest.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Interesting top 10. 

spacer.png

Should probably try and go to bed to be honest...

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The comparison will still be just as laughable?

Yes. Because I’m nothing if not a cliche, Shearer played in a time where defending was a thing. As in physical defending. These days, defenders are not as likely to make challenges for fear of giving away penalties or getting carded. Also, you get thrown in jail just for saying you’re English. 
Im not a fan of comparisons from different times as there are so many factors for consideration. Kaneisatory is clearly in fine form and one of the very best at the moment. And we’d all love to see Jose win another premiership. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Still madness that he’s being compared to Shearer, though.

Why? He’s scored as many Premier League goals at 27 that it took Uncle Alan to the age of 29 to score. It’s not out of the question that he could be compared to Shearer one day in terms of “scored more Premier League goals than”.

Unless we’re talking playing style, of course. He’s clearly the second coming of Teddy Sheringham.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Until he kicks Neil Lennon in the face and throw a strop at murmurs he will be punished for it you can fuck off with comparing Kane to Shearer. Otherwise he is a brilliant player and I would absolutely have him over the Liverpool pair.

As Shearer is being discussed. His parents used to live near us and Alan was always popping in for some Sunday dinner, be would often pop to the local with his old man. 

He we was not well liked due to being rude to the staff and clicking his fingers at them when he wanted anything. The old fellas at the bar affectionately referred to him as 'that cunt owa there' and it was not uncommon to walk in and be told 'here that cunt owa there is in today'

This is all according to my step dad who used to practically live at the pub until he met my mum. 

23 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This isn't a Spurs bias thing, but genuinely who else is in the conversation? Let's not include Messi or Ronaldo, as they're ridiculous obviously and they're not strikers.

I think if the question was to be asked differently and you asked which of the following strikers would you buy if you had to buy one of them I'm not sure Kane would be top of the list. 

Kane
Mbappe
Lewandowki
Haaland
Benzema (I've put him in there because his numbers are still impressive, almost 1 goal in 2 games at club level).

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

I think if the question was to be asked differently and you asked which of the following strikers would you buy if you had to buy one of them I'm not sure Kane would be top of the list. 

Kane
Mbappe
Lewandowki
Haaland
Benzema (I've put him in there because his numbers are still impressive, almost 1 goal in 2 games at club level).

I think that's a completely different thing as he can't have the same upside and longterm value as a Haaland or Mbappe purely because of age.

If my team needed a striker from now until the end of the season I would go for Lewandowski and  I would be tempted to have Kane after that. 

Chelsea and Spurs serving up an utterly dreadful game between them. Not only was it boring, the quality was absolutely non-existent. 

The decision making up front was comical at times. 

The only bright spot was despite a very nervy start, and a terribly timed header back at the end, Joe Rodon played well. Needs to not get annoyed at losing possession whilst the other team are attacking mind, but a small quibble.

Oh, and Mike Dean in a mask and an ill fitting bobble hat was fun.