A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

It's not a massive list is it. and I'd argue Kane is currently a better all round player than all of them. The first two would be the only ones that are up for discussion in 'who's the best striker?' debate IMO.

Absolutely, he's definitely got to be up there, and perhaps it is Arsenal bias that makes me think he isn't a clear choice (or because he's a big old Tory prick) but there's no denying he's definitely an outstanding player. 

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Hes decided that he's not content with being the best striker in the world, he wants to be the best midfielder as well.

This isn't really anything new; anyone that's watched him for years has seen he's always had an incredibly strong all round game, passing, tracking, positional awareness (but not as strong as people like Callum Wilson according to some).

Its quite funny how pundits have just noticed. Maybe they were all watching different games. The best was when he lost half a yard, and everyone said he was finished.

Obviously I have a massive bias here, but the level hes reached/reaching this year is ridiculous and yesterday was a great example. He was doing everything.

I must give credit to Mourinho as well. He got it spot on yesterday, and the defence were very well disciplined and concentration never dropped, but City just looked really toothless.

But comparing Kane to Zidane is a bit silly yeah. Zidane has always been bald and never assisted Son 4 times in one game*

*a joke, I love that French bastard.

I mean a ‘yes’ would have done, but ta.

7 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Yeah in all seriousness, Harry Kane is unbelievable and it's hard to see what these players offer that Kane doesn't, especially this season. Unplayable at times, probably the best finisher in the league and now getting assists at an alarming rate. His only downfall is trying to keep him fit all season.

Some of those mentioned are better strikers (Lewandowski for one), and Salah and Mane work incredibly hard for their team (I'd say Mane is Liverpool's most important player) and there's plenty Kane could improve on, just interested to see how those players contribute more to their team...apart from trophies of course.

Sorry for double post. Phones being a cunt.

• Awards Moderator

Chomp.

In your wildest dreams, you couldn’t possibly think he’s on the same level. Even with your Tory Harry bins on.

He’s a wonderful player - possibly one of the best the top flight has ever seen - but he doesn’t lay a glove on Shearer. And if you argue otherwise, you honestly might need to have a bit of a sit down.

2 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Chomp.

In your wildest dreams, you couldn’t possibly think he’s on the same level. Even with your Tory Harry bins on.

He’s a wonderful player - possibly one of the best the top flight has ever seen - but he doesn’t lay a glove on Shearer. And if you argue otherwise, you honestly might need to have a bit of a sit down.

Chomp? Hardly, just trying to have a discussion mate. 

Shearers probably the best striker England has ever produced, or certainly the best I've seen in my lifetime. I'm not suggesting or ever have done that Harry Kane is better than him.

However, he will likely absolutely smash Shearers record and Rooneys for England. So what then? The comparison will still be just as laughable?