A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The real downside to today was that my annoying mate who insists on calling Alderweireld “Tobes” declared that Bales header was from a great cross from “Reggie.” Bright side : thanks to lockdown I don’t have to see him and hear this tripe for real.

14 hours ago, air_raid said:

The real downside to today was that my annoying mate who insists on calling Alderweireld “Tobes” declared that Bales header was from a great cross from “Reggie.” Bright side : thanks to lockdown I don’t have to see him and hear this tripe for real.

God almighty, I thought I was a miserable, misanthropic Spurs fan... :) 

32 minutes ago, Factotum said:

It is incredibly refreshing that Arsenal went out and signed two players that we have needed for years. Partey and Gabriel are a sensational bit of business when you consider the cost.

I haven't seen much of Arsenal this season, as I can barely be arsed with Spurs and football as it is, but of the Arsenal fans that I know that actually know about football, I hear Partey has been exactly what they have been looking for. Which is lovely isn't it? Fucking hooray for them.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

God almighty, I thought I was a miserable, misanthropic Spurs fan... :) 

He’s far worse than me. I can’t have a single conversation with him where he doesn’t mention the collapses and failure to qualify for the Champions League of 2012, 2013 or the home defeat by an awful Newcastle in December 2015.

22 minutes ago, air_raid said:

He’s far worse than me. I can’t have a single conversation with him where he doesn’t mention the collapses and failure to qualify for the Champions League of 2012, 2013 or the home defeat by an awful Newcastle in December 2015.

Even worse than that loss in 2015 was the one in 2013 where Tim Krul made 426 saves. I think I genuinely came away from that game HAPPY for Krul in the end, showing that at heart we are all self loathing sado-masochists that actually hate Spurs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The best thing is another clean sheet with Dier at centre back. Will shut up all my mates that say he’s shit every time INGERLUND are on TV.

Let’s not get carried away though. In 2017 Spurs managed to win 13 of their last 14 games and still only came 2nd and that team was far more settled and adept at putting games to bed than the current one so far.

• Awards Moderator
13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Getting my champions tattoo on my left calf I reckon.

@PunkStep Can you please try and find that post where you gave the list of strikers that are 'more rounded' than Kane? I remember Callum Wilson was on it, but would love to laugh at it again.

I don’t really bother with watching your lot that much, but stuck it on last night. Has Kane started to play a deeper role in all games or was it just a tactical thing for Man. City? Thought he did a great job sat further back. Although when Gary Neville likened his play to Zidane I honestly burst out laughing.

56 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I don’t really bother with watching your lot that much, but stuck it on last night. Has Kane started to play a deeper role in all games or was it just a tactical thing for Man. City? Thought he did a great job sat further back. Although when Gary Neville likened his play to Zidane I honestly burst out laughing.

Hes decided that he's not content with being the best striker in the world, he wants to be the best midfielder as well.

This isn't really anything new; anyone that's watched him for years has seen he's always had an incredibly strong all round game, passing, tracking, positional awareness (but not as strong as people like Callum Wilson according to some).

Its quite funny how pundits have just noticed. Maybe they were all watching different games. The best was when he lost half a yard, and everyone said he was finished.

Obviously I have a massive bias here, but the level hes reached/reaching this year is ridiculous and yesterday was a great example. He was doing everything.

I must give credit to Mourinho as well. He got it spot on yesterday, and the defence were very well disciplined and concentration never dropped, but City just looked really toothless.

But comparing Kane to Zidane is a bit silly yeah. Zidane has always been bald and never assisted Son 4 times in one game*

*a joke, I love that French bastard.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

I understood what Neville was saying with the Kane/Zidane comparisons. The way Kane would get the ball in and around the centre circle and use his strength to hold off the opposition, all while looking around for his next pass was very Zidane like. 

I do honestly think Kane could be the best player on planet at the minute. Certainly the best all round centre forward...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Hes decided that he's not content with being the best striker in the world

I was going to make a snarky comment about this, but thinking about it, he's definitely got to be in the conversation. In my mind (and I concede that I'm not backing this up with stats or facts necessarily so it could be bollocks) it helps that there just aren't as many top level strikers out there that immediately spring to mind, but he's definitely been consistently excellent for several years now. 

Still a Tory wanker, mind. 

Edited by mim731
Syntax

3 minutes ago, mim731 said:

he's definitely got to be in the conversation.

This isn't a Spurs bias thing, but genuinely who else is in the conversation? Let's not include Messi or Ronaldo, as they're ridiculous obviously and they're not strikers.

Lewandowski? Definitely. 13 goals in 12 games this season, and consistently doing it year on year. He is a pure *Partridge voice* STRIIIIKER!!!! 

Haaland? 15 goals in 12 games. OK, he can be included. The big baby faced freak.

Belotti? Ibrahimovic? I'm discounting the whole of Ligue Un, I don't care. Salah? Patrick fucking Bamford?

It's not a massive list is it. and I'd argue Kane is currently a better all round player than all of them. The first two would be the only ones that are up for discussion in 'who's the best striker?' debate IMO.

And yes if he wins an individual award, we'll put it in our massive trophy cabinet.