A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• 3 weeks later...

Functionality over sexiness. Hojbjerg and now Matt 'I love Arsenal me' Doherty join the squad to plug much needed gaps. Are they marquee signings? No. Are they good signings? Yes.

They improve the starting 11, and are at very, very good prices, so they're a no brainer really. AC Milan are apparently after Serge Aurier, bless them.

A striker is still a priority as Harry's biscuit joints continue to crumble, but I really don't see where this will come from. Wilson? King? Deeney? All a bit underwhelming isn't it?

Joe Hart came in. *partridge shrug*

In other news, Tanguy Ndombele has got COVID, just to add to his fantastic year, and will have to quarantine for two weeks. For someone who needs a strong 'pre-season' and hit the ground running (or jogging), that is a massive blow for him. I really don't know what they should do with him, keep the faith or cash in before the value decreases too much. A massive shame if the latter as there is an incredible player there.

Skipps gone to Norwich on loan and Parrotts gone to Millwall on loan. 20+ goals for the latter this season I reckon. Be very happy if that happens for him, and he seems to have taken on the advice given to him, and hopefully gets his head down and comes back to challenge for the first team squad.

Rumours of Diego Costa (yes please), and Luis Suarez (yes please) swirl around like the ghost of Leandro Damiao, and whilst those two are probably click-bait bollox, either one would be hilarious.

Eberechi Eze has moved from QPR to Palace, in what is a fantastic move for them. Only up to ÂŁ20m as well, he is someone that I really wanted to see at Spurs as he has been one of the stand out talents in the last couple of seasons. Is he a ready made replacement for an on the move Zaha? Who knows?

Good wins last night for Coleraine, TNS and Bala mean that any of those teams could meet Spurs, anywhere in Europe apparently, when the draw is made on Monday, so that's something to look forward to.

@PunkStep What's going on with you lot? Ozil staying? Aubameyang staying? You going into liquidation because of the dodgy Pepe transfer? (fingers crossed)

In the most exciting news, I'm going to see an actual match next week. Extra preliminary round of the FA Cup...the magic of it!

31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Good Garthing!  I got one would welcome Diego Costa returning to the league bringing some much needed shithousery with him. 

Neither will happen, but I feel like Diego Costa and Luis Suarez under Mourinho is the ultimate cunt stable. The below now makes all the sense.

“You need to communicate, and maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’m wrong, I feel that you are, honestly, a very nice group of guys. But, for 90 minutes, for 90 minutes, you cannot be nice.

“For 90 minutes, we have to be a bunch of cunts, intelligent cunts, not stupid cunts. Bastards in the sense of you are going to win matches.”

• Paid Members

Can't believe Doc's going to Spurs, a fucking bargain of a price too. 

Should be noted his climb in ability under Nuno was down to being shifted to a wingback rather than a straight out fullback. Be interesting to see how he copes shifting back to a back four.

If he indeed goes.

6 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Can't believe Doc's going to Spurs, a fucking bargain of a price too. 

Should be noted his climb in ability under Nuno was down to being shifted to a wingback rather than a straight out fullback. Be interesting to see how he copes shifting back to a back four.

We switch to a 3 when in possession, so it's not exactly a flat back four, and he'll be more of a wingback rather than a full back. It's OK, we've had Aurier defending there for a year, so anything is an improvement. 

8 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

If he indeed goes.

Now say it without crying...

In all seriousness, strengthening a rival (for 5th-8th:where the big boys hang) is a strange one.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Good wins last night for Coleraine, TNS and Bala mean that any of those teams could meet Spurs, anywhere in Europe apparently, when the draw is made on Monday, so that's something to look forward to.

Believe it or not, TNS are seeded so are in the same side of the draw as Spurs. So no trip to Oswestry for Jose.