A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I saw a great rumour of Spurs wanting to take our Brewster on loan. Mad as shit.

Can't see that happening. If he's not ready for the first team squad at Liverpool (which he definitely is IMO) then he's going back out to the Championship or a team that's just come up, no?

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Can't see that happening. If he's not ready for the first team squad at Liverpool (which he definitely is IMO) then he's going back out to the Championship or a team that's just come up, no?

Sheff Utd is the more credible rumour, would be a good move for him but I’d like to see him given a chance here to be honest. It was more the thought of Jose asking for a Suarez or Costa and Levy coming back with a loan move for a rivals youngster that amused me. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Sheff Utd is the more credible rumour, would be a good move for him but I’d like to see him given a chance here to be honest. It was more the thought of Jose asking for a Suarez or Costa and Levy coming back with a loan move for a rivals youngster that amused me. 

He'd be lucky to get a Costa Coffee out of him, amiright?

Yeah, I saw that Sheffield United rumour after you posted about the Spurs rumour. That'd be a good move for Brewster.

The documentary really is the Jose show. Amazon massively lucked out in having him come in, as Poch wouldn't have given them anything to be honest. I watched all 3 episodes this morning as I'm a sad cunt. Few thoughts, and minor spoilers. 

Opening sequence of episode 1. "Most of their success is in the past" FUCK YOU BANE!

The Poch bits, are still a bit raw to be honest. I still don't agree with sacking him (don't think I ever will), but it's easy to see why Levy came to that decision. He looks beaten in the footage of early season, and the journey had come to an end.

Levy actually comes across quite well in this documentary, and I have a theory that he wouldn't get nearly as much shit if he wasn't a baldy. You can see why he has made them one of the richest clubs in the world.

"Sissoko is a big influence in the dressing room" Jose: "Fuck" had me laughing more than it should've done.

Nothing new, but Jose is a very charismatic, likeable guy that, in the same manner as Brian Clough, is incredibly watchable. The best bits of the show revolve around him, and how he operates. I don't like his brand of football, but he is fascinating to watch and very funny.

Sir Alex Ferguson told Jose to buy Dele Alli, and that was his "only advice in two and a half years". Yeah right.

Harry Kane swears a lot and definitely called his Mum this morning to apologise.

The 'new Jose' absolutely can't resist a dig. He tells Harry Kane that they have 'better players than I had at Manchester United', not untrue but still doesn't need to be said. Then he picks on poor Davinson Sanchez and tells him he was shit in the Ajax-United Europa League Final and that he won it in the 1st minute. 

It further highlights the difference between how footballers feel about football, and how fans feel about football. Again, not a new thing but it is interesting and shows that players just want to win things, and have things to show for their careers and have an easy life for them and their families.

Eriksen speaks very eloquently about this, and whilst it's easy to sit there and say "Just sign the contract" or "Why won't he stay?", as if it's so black and white, it's very complicated in truth. He also says that football is the only profession where you can write anything and get away with it, and whilst that's not 100% true, it is a good point.

The only time we see Tanguy Ndombele in 3 episodes is him walking past with a plate of food.

Dele Alli likes coffee.

The dramatic music as the league table shows Spurs moving from 8th to 7th is hilarious.

There was a bit in episode 1 where there is a clip of a radio talk in that says "We have Garry on the line who is a Spurs fan" and I shit myself for a second that it was me, before I realised that I haven't called into a radio show for 15 odd years, and Gary/Garry is the most common Essex name. 

If you're a Brentford Spurs fan, you'll get something out of this. If you're not, it's probably not worth your time, unless you want to be about as funny as James Corden and say "All Or Nothing? I bet it's Nothing, huh huh". It is nothing. It's always nothing. We know we're shit.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

As in what was on the TV, should have made that clearer.

Clarity was not the issue. I understood what you were saying. I just wanted to compare a totally ruthless, power hungry figure who rose to the top and who would stop at nothing to achieve his goals to Gerry Adams 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The only time we see Tanguy Ndombele in 3 episodes is him walking past with a plate of food.

Fat, selfish bastard. All those times Broken Jose launched himself into the air like he was on a seesaw whenever Ndombele sat on the bench, all those months he spent making him train in a Malcolm X t-shirt (to see if helicopters would try to land on him), what a waste of time that looks now.