4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Definitely seemed like they were in the episode I watched but gotcha. I'll add it to the "not for me" pile.

It's all subjective isnt it?

Stath is a knob, but hes not a horrible person. In fact he's quite lovely and generally just wants the best for people.

But then I don't think the Sunny lads are all that bad, so what do I know?

• Moderators

The death of 2020 (Netflix)

Charlie Brooker's big budget end of year wipe suffers from all the same stuff as the rest of his work now; too broad and catered to US viewers and not really as clever as he thinks it is. Still enjoyable enough to watch and just bad enough to make you disappointed that it wasn't as good as it could have been. Way too much Trump whom I am simply not interested in hearing anything about. Hugh Grant was very good in it.

9 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Charlie Brooker's big budget end of year wipe suffers from all the same stuff as the rest of his work now; too broad and catered to US viewers and not really as clever as he thinks it is.

19 writers. It had 19 fucking writers. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

19 writers. It had 19 fucking writers. 

Charlie Brooker is now Vince McMahon. Sitting at the head of the table in Netflix Towers firing anybody who dares to sneeze and making everybody wait for their dinner, knowing full well the stuff he's shitting out now isn't anywhere near as good as his earlier work but earning too much money to give a shit.

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It's very normal for a US episodical. Not for all tv.

Yeah I suppose it depends. I have a friend who is a stand up* and writes for TV and he tells me there are regularly 20-25 people in the 'writers room'. Won't say what the show is, as I don't want to ruin the magic and people to stop thinking they come up with those quick jokes on the spot, but it's the one where they take the piss out of the last 7 days.

*Sadly not Russell Brand :(

24 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It's very normal for a US episodical. Not for all tv.

Yeah. I’d expect that many for a panel show, or a 10 minute stand up from Chilli  

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

It's also a lot of the same bunch of writers that worked on all the Wipe series of shows as well as the Philomena Cunk stuff like Jason Hazeley and Joel Morris.

Cunk is awful though. Whenever she popped up on Wipe it was piss break. She’s the woman’s tag match on a PPV. 

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah I suppose it depends. I have a friend who is a stand up* and writes for TV and he tells me there are regularly 20-25 people in the 'writers room'. Won't say what the show is, as I don't want to ruin the magic and people to stop thinking they come up with those quick jokes on the spot, but it's the one where they take the piss out of the last 7 days.

*Sadly not Russell Brand :(

All the panel shows have "program associates", as they call them. I remember Daniel Sloss used to be the guy that wrote all of Frankie Boyles stuff on Mock The Week

• Paid Members

I'll stick this in here as I can't remember the name of the thread on it a while back, but the man behind the famous nineties TV idents, Martin Lambie-Nairn has passed away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55465330

That's a hell of a legacy, and those idents were iconic and a very memorable part of my childhood (and that of many others too I'm sure) watching terrestrial TV. 

Edited by mim731