WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Are Resi games first person? My girlfriend loved the first few but due to sensory issues / motion sickness she can’t play first person. She said they’d switched from third person, is that right?

Seven and the last one were first person but I believe they added a third person mode in for the last one. Resi 4 is third person. 

Yea the gold edition of 8 has third person mode, All cut scenes are still in first person though I believe.

Capcom are also working on a Free update VR Mode for RE4 Remake plus Mercenaries will be free DLC on April 7th

Edited by TildeGuy~!

39 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It has nothing to do with 7.  It has a tiny bit of lore from Resident Evil 2 Remake and that’s about it really.

Yeah, that's why I used 7 as an entry point - the fact it very much is a standalone game. That and the fact it incorporated VR, although I found that a bit too stressful! 

40 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

If you’ve only played and enjoyed 7 I’ll definitely give 8(Village) a try though.

Will do!

30 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Seven and the last one were first person but I believe they added a third person mode in for the last one. Resi 4 is third person. 

27 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Yea the gold edition of 8 has third person mode, All cut scenes are still in first person though I believe.

Capcom are also working on a Free update VR Mode for RE4 Remake plus Mercenaries will be free DLC on April 7th

Thanks, chaps! That’s really helpful and greatly appreciated!

12 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

First person Resident Evil????

Games gone lads.

Yeah, that's really odd considering how much of a third-person game it always was, and how influential it was on the development of that genre.

MLB The Show 23

Yes lads!  Playing on series X and it’s swish as fuck. Only started the Road To The Show and the first few Diamond Dynasty bits. So used to playing with a great squad it was difficult making the switch back to bronze players!  But yeah, great stuff!

6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

MLB The Show 23

Yes lads!  Playing on series X and it’s swish as fuck. Only started the Road To The Show and the first few Diamond Dynasty bits. So used to playing with a great squad it was difficult making the switch back to bronze players!  But yeah, great stuff!

If you do a few Moments on the WBC program, you can get a few diamond players quite quickly, if that helps. If there's one thing The Show's not great at, I think, it's hiding too much away behind convoluted menus. 

It also has a version of 'The Boys Are Back in Town' that weirdly censors the word 'fight', so every time you hear it, it's like the lyric is actually "and if the boys wanna fuck, you better let 'em". 

I'm finally giving Judgment a proper go, the protagonist isn't half as cool as Kiryu but it's still a solid game. Drone racing is surprisingly fun but fuck off with the QR code hunting to get the parts for it.

I hear the sequel has a bunch of Master System games in it so might have to give that a go after.

I do wonder where the series goes next, Yakuza 7 was fun but I just prefer the real time combat.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I'm finally giving Judgment a proper go, the protagonist isn't half as cool as Kiryu but it's still a solid game. Drone racing is surprisingly fun but fuck off with the QR code hunting to get the parts for it.

I hear the sequel has a bunch of Master System games in it so might have to give that a go after.

I do wonder where the series goes next, Yakuza 7 was fun but I just prefer the real time combat.

They’ve got Yakuza 8 coming next with the RPG system but after that Kiryu is back for his own game which takes place after the events of Yakuza 6.

31 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’ve got Yakuza 8 coming next with the RPG system but after that Kiryu is back for his own game which takes place after the events of Yakuza 6.

Kiryu's own game is out first, to try and sell lapsed fans on his story leading into the next turn-based sequel.