WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

As much as I love them Yakuza games alot of them are well into the "please no one walk in whilst I'm playing this bit" territory.

Trying to explain to anyone you are just dressing a hostess up at your club so she can make you more money or taking her out on a "date" and mansplaining to her how she can be a better woman are certainly peak Yakuza wtf. 

That mini game is bloody addictive though and this will probably be stuck in your head forever.

• Paid Members

I never properly got into doing the slot car racing, but that looked like a fascinating distraction as well. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

As much as I love them Yakuza games alot of them are well into the "please no one walk in whilst I'm playing this bit" territory.

Trying to explain to anyone you are just dressing a hostess up at your club so she can make you more money or taking her out on a "date" and mansplaining to her how she can be a better woman are certainly peak Yakuza wtf. 

That mini game is bloody addictive though and this will probably be stuck in your head forever.

If we’re talking embarrassing Yakuza minigames with catchy music, it’s got to be MesuKing from Yakuza Kiwami which takes the hostesses from 0, dresses them kinda a bit like bugs and has them “wrestle” in a way you’d see in our classifieds section.

Lovely news - more free PowerWash Simulator DLC arrives next Wednesday! They've also announced physical copies will be available from June 13th, and a 2023 roadmap has been revealed...

The Muckingham Files (Update 1.2) – Coming April 18th 2023
Players may remember the mysterious Mauka Aitu Desert from jobs in the base game, where they were tasked with cleaning an ancient statue, an imposing monument and an old steam train. Well, it's not just full of aged relics but also home to some more advanced technology – namely a Solar Water Plant and a huge Satellite Dish. It's down to you to dust off all that sand, for a satisfyingly sparkly finish.

A short reprieve from the dry, dusty desert will transport players back to the lush green of Muckingham's recreation ground, where a filthy food truck is spoiling the view. Once you've finished, it'll be the shimmering centrepiece of the park. For those looking to brush up on local lore, the pre-existing bonus jobs have had new stories added that supplement (whilst not continuing) the main story – bringing them in line with this update and any future updates in the Muckingham universe. Replay them for more tales and trivia from your favourite filthy town.

spacer.png

I never watched Peaky Blinders, but there's a nonetheless interesting-sounding game on Steam that you can get free by signing up to a newsletter (and then obviously unsubscribing at the first opportunity).

On 4/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Good luck even trying to explain the video chat minigame from Y6. 

What the most idiotic, petty, stupid reason for stopping playing a game you enjoyed? My partner has started Assassins Creed Syndicate and I was saying how much I enjoyed that one. But when comparing the cheevos I noticed I hadn’t finished it. Then I remembered why. 

I refused to help Winston Churchill. That’s right, I stopped playing a game I enjoyed because I didn’t want to help a fictional version of a real life person in a fictional scenario in a fictional universe. I was happy helping Karl Marx but no, couldn’t help Churchill as I’d be letting down my mate Karl. 

Well, I do got one @Keith Houchen  Amongst my childhood friends and I we have a phrase, still often in use, which is "The SuperCars 2 Rule".

When we were nippers, my mate Dom was much better at games generally than the rest of us, which led to long gaming sessions where he'd relentlessly kick all our arses and obviously crow about it in a really annoying smug way.

One time we were playing SuperCars 2  and he was on a hot streak of beating me and his brother.  I finally managed to win a round, threw down the joystick, proclaimed "I beat you at SuperCars 2" and then refused to ever play him at the game again, citing that I'd beaten him and that was it.

It has become an oft used tactic against Dom where I'll beat him once in a game, say Tekken 3, then declare the SuperCars 2 rule and claim victory, whilst everyone else solemnly nods in agreement.  I did it as recently as last week!  Even Mrs Loki knows the SuperCars 2 Rule and once used it on me with WiiBowling.

It's the pettiest imaginable reason to stop playing a game, and it's ace.

Slightly aligned but I remember when we all got our PS1s chipped, and I was round my mate Alex's house and we were taking it in turns on MGS.

I'd got to the level where Liquid Snake is in that big mech suit and I was on the verge of beating him, but because Alex hadn't got past this bit yet, he pulled the controller out and then turned off the PS and TV and said he was going to bed.

It was 5pm.

We're still mates, but that was incredibly petty. 

10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh it’s wonderful and I’m delighted it still lives on! I salute you!

On his stag do we set up an Atari ST so we could play some old games.  As a wedding present to him I agreed to play one more round of SuperCars 2, and just before he crossed the line to win, his brother pulled the power cord out of the computer.   😆

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Slightly aligned but I remember when we all got our PS1s chipped, and I was round my mate Alex's house and we were taking it in turns on MGS.

I'd got to the level where Liquid Snake is in that big mech suit and I was on the verge of beating him, but because Alex hadn't got past this bit yet, he pulled the controller out and then turned off the PS and TV and said he was going to bed.

It was 5pm.

We're still mates, but that was incredibly petty. 

Ha. Before all this woke online multiplayer nonsense, me and the boys used to get together once a month for a Pro Evo night. Crate of lager, bottle of whiskey and a bucket of KFC. There were five of us so it was a league table with the top two in the final.

For some reason I was known as a shithouse. I won the draw and picked Inter, so Adriano was up front. Leroy was my biggest rival and he had Barca and Ronaldinho was his playmaker. Ours was the first match of the round robin. He wondered why I used a bench warmer as my starting holding midfielder but it became clear after 5 minutes of game time when I used him to stick a two footed reducer on Ronaldinho and injuring him for the rest of the scheduled games. Played with ten men for 85 minutes but got the nil nil draw and his lack of Ronaldinho scuppered his remaining games. I not only drank the Stella and the whiskey, I drank the looks of disgust and hatred from my friends after winning the final 1-0 with my only shot on goal in the tenth minute led to Adriano scoring, then switching formation to my patented 6-4-0. 

@Loki That’s marvellous