WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Think all the numbered titles are on Game pass.Ā 

Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are remakes of the first two PS2 games but use different engines so play differently to each other.Ā 

Yakuza Like A Dragon is a turn based RPG featuring a new protagonist.Ā 

Imo Yakuza 0 is the best starting point. It's basically the peak of the series on the original engine and the story doesn't require much if any knowledge of the other games.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Can recommend Like A Dragon as it's the only one I've played and I really liked it. Just be wary though there are a LOT of cutscenes. Sometimes it felt like I was watching 15 minutes of cutscenes for 5 minutes of gameplay. Once you get the hang of it, it's a great game though. Business Management is much more fun that it has any right to be.

I've started Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and it's so stupidly big. I think I've clocked about 35 hours now and I've only done the first few areas. I have a terrible compulsion to track down all the little questions marks on the map. I love the landscapes, the Ancient Greek setting and the RPGs elements but it seems almost too big. The world, while beautiful when you stop charging around and have a closer look, seems quite lifeless and sterile too. Could well be playing this one for at least the next month. I am enjoying it overall but there are definitely some notable flaws. I've done Origins before and that seemed huge but I think Odyssey might be even bigger. And then there's Valhalla which I've heard is significantly bigger again! Must be so time consuming for completionists.Ā 

After finishing Resi 4 Iā€™ve started playing Ghostwire TokyoĀ 

After about 4 hours in, itā€™s not great, Ā I have no idea whatā€™s going on but for some reason Iā€™m still intrigued and want to continue on with it.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Watched my girlfriend complete Jedi Fallen Order. Ending spoilersĀ 

Spoiler

After the main baddie was defeated I was expecting some redemption thing Ā I was not expecting DARTH VADER to show up and kill her! Ā Also, when Vader grabbed BD-1, we both drew an intake of breath and feared for the little guy!

A real cinematic ending, excellently done!

Ā 

• Paid Members
On 3/28/2023 at 10:38 PM, Keith Houchen said:

MLB The Show 23

Yes lads! Ā Playing on series X and itā€™s swish as fuck. Only started the Road To The Show and the first few Diamond Dynasty bits. So used to playing with a great squad it was difficult making the switch back to bronze players! Ā But yeah, great stuff!

Finally got this downloaded and now itā€™s been developed on a next gen console the difference in presentation, speed and smooth gameplay is night and day compared to last yearā€™s.Ā 
Enjoying the new Meter stuff on throwing, adds to the arcade style settings I play on.

Not had a proper go of it yet but hammered Houston 28-0 in 5 innings of practice so my zone batting is definitely getting better.

38 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Finally got this downloaded and now itā€™s been developed on a next gen console the difference in presentation, speed and smooth gameplay is night and day compared to last yearā€™s.Ā 
Enjoying the new Meter stuff on throwing, adds to the arcade style settings I play on.

Not had a proper go of it yet but hammered Houston 28-0 in 5 innings of practice so my zone batting is definitely getting better.

I do the analog pitching (I think, the one where you trace the lines of each pitch and time the release) and analog batting, which explains why Iā€™ve hardly hit any homers.Ā 

• Paid Members

King Of Fighters XIII is coming to the Switch. It's got some gorgeous hand drawn graphics, wraps up the Ash Crimson saga, plays like a dream. It'll have rollback netcode, but I know how shaky Switch Online can be for fighting games. I'll still inevitably pick it up, and probably Garou because it's Garou.Ā