WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

I did this a few days back and I ended up off'ing Derrick despite Patrick being a knob. I honestly felt a little shame for doing so and he doesn't even answer my calls to remove the wanted level so it was a total balls up on my end. 

Jacob is fantastic. Lots of great moments but the little back and forth in the Helicopter where an exasperated Niko asks if he really needs to smoke a joint at this moment but then realising it's pointless and conceding defeat had me chuckling. 

If you chose Dwayne to off, shame on you lmao. Playboy X is a prized Knob and I felt nothing when I shot him. 

• Paid Members

I got rid of Playboy. Haven't really put the time in wining and dining Dwayne though so didn't get his entourage perk thingy. 

For full disclosure I spared Darko and went with Revenge on Dimitri. 

Got the last mission to do later but I've read it's difficult on Xbox X due to the framerate increase and having to tap a button too quickly to jump on the helicopter? I'll be pissed if I can't finish it! 

On 4/18/2023 at 4:40 PM, Keith Houchen said:

What the most idiotic, petty, stupid reason for stopping playing a game you enjoyed? My partner has started Assassins Creed Syndicate and I was saying how much I enjoyed that one. But when comparing the cheevos I noticed I hadn’t finished it. Then I remembered why. 

I refused to help Winston Churchill. That’s right, I stopped playing a game I enjoyed because I didn’t want to help a fictional version of a real life person in a fictional scenario in a fictional universe. I was happy helping Karl Marx but no, couldn’t help Churchill as I’d be letting down my mate Karl. 

I have just discovered that this part of the game was optional and you didn’t need to play it. My girlfriend is laughing her head off and pointing at me. 

Fucks sake. 

I’m playing Hogwarts Legacy at the moment, and while I’m enjoying it, the level of compensation the developers have employed to mitigate JK Rowling’s comments About trans people is kind of hilarious. I’d love to know the number of times characters decide to trust someone because the game’s only trans character, Sirona, does.

When I finally run into the main villain, Ranrok, I’d put money on the conversation going something like:
"You stupid child! You are worthless and I will destroy you!"
"Really? Sirona thinks I’m nice."
"Sirona thinks you're nice!? Well I give up my life of villainy straight away."

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

The fact that the trans character's name shortens to "Sir" is pretty patronising as well. 

I guess it's well warranted cynicism, but overall the game's world is way more diverse than the books and movies which is an improvement and better reflects the diversity of people who are actually into it. A good thing. 

I did eventually stop playing it because as the map moves further and further out, you realise it has that sort of open world but funnelled through lots of linear loading corridors/valleys thing that takes me out of it a bit. That and the milquetoast "Golly, it's jolly being a wizard isn't it?" that's virtually every NPCs default speaking voice gets tiresome. 

It's also the classic example of a game that peaks immediately. Learning your initial spells and getting lost in the castle be the best. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Resi 4 remake was superb. It's nice to have The King back, what a ride! Close to perfect pacing, never lets up, yet never feels like overkill either. Loved nearly every second. 10/10.

Still prefer the original. For reasons that are both unfair: (it's impossible to replicate the feelings the OG gave me at 16/17 and how big a leap forward it was) and fair: I feel less precise in the remake, both in aiming and even getting the contextual melee prompts reliably, the rythm and ammo balance feels off. I'm comparing a game I've mastered over 18 years to one I've played once though, so this part might change in time. Mercenaries is as addictive as ever. I need that Handcannon before I jump into new game plus.

No big spoilers here, mostly just comparisons and what is/isn't in...

Spoiler

Del Lago was crap and too easy. I didn't even get knocked out the boat once. Salazar and Saddler about par.

Not getting free ammo everytime you upgrade weapon capacity now is a boo. Getting all/most of the money you've invested into a weapon back when you sell it is a big yay. I'm definitely more willing to experiment with other guns now.

No U3 or hell in a cell was disappointing. Hopefully in the Ada dlc. I did miss the sublime ridiculousness of being chased by the Salazar statue too.

If the decision to have no explodey head suplex was out of respect for Musawa then fair play, that's classy. If not, unacceptable.

The new Krauser fights, mine cart bit and the cabin defence were amazing. Much prefer the Island portion in this one.

Hey, that dog is still in!  

The (re)introduction of the Regenerators was perfect. I bricked it.

Expanded story was good. Ashley's much less annoying now. I like new Luis too (it's okay, I said the line for him at the cabin).

The formerly rubbish Punisher handgun has been redeemed. I first just stuck with it out of hatred for most of the better handguns not having laser-sight now, but that exclusive upgrade (shooting through 5x enemies) made it super useful by the end.

Am I going to end up buying DLC just for the sake of doing the T2 shotgun swirly reload thing?

Yes, yes I am.

With no due respect to 5 and Chode Veronica, if Dino Crisis isn't next in line for a remake we riot.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

19 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Star Wars Jedi Survivor is an improvement on an already excellent game. Feels like I’m playing Elden Ring with lightsabers.

In this house, we Stan BD-1. Hope he has a prominent role!

Just started Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

It was free on PS Plus a few months back and I’ve finally got round to it and considering the sequel has just come out I thought I’d give it a go and see if it’ll be worth picking up the new one, only played the opening segments but really enjoying it so far, gives off Uncharted with a lightsaber vibe currently but I’m sure that’ll change shortly.