Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

On 8/28/2020 at 2:13 PM, Supremo said:

It genuinely feels like a, "Coming Soon..." vignette for a new, contemporary, dickhead heel manager. Everything is just annoying and slimey enough to make you feel a bit sick.

I think it's a surprise that there isn't an anti social justice, shapiro-esque wrestling personally already. It's a ready made character. 

So does this mean that they can't use platforms such as Instagram to publish photos? I'm assuming they just can't use the WWE name and/or profit on it. I can understand taking away a lot of the social media could re-raise the mystique of performers to some extent but I think a lot of fans won't enjoy waiting for the next Raw magazine summer bikini extravaganza for fresh wank material.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, simonworden said:

I think a lot of fans won't enjoy waiting for the next Raw magazine summer bikini extravaganza for fresh wank material.

...... is this still a thing?

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, simonworden said:

So does this mean that they can't use platforms such as Instagram to publish photos? I'm assuming they just can't use the WWE name and/or profit on it. I can understand taking away a lot of the social media could re-raise the mystique of performers to some extent but I think a lot of fans won't enjoy waiting for the next Raw magazine summer bikini extravaganza for fresh wank material.

Is this meant for the Vince owning real names thread?

On 9/5/2020 at 11:46 PM, BomberPat said:

Yeah, at one point I actually wanted to do a character not a million miles from that, until I realised that it might get babyface reactions.

Hey money is money! I always wonder whether tendency toward  Liberal ideas are correct. Given the sheer resistance in everyday life and on social media. BAME, LGBT, refugee rights etc seem to be a bad thing in 2020. Which is utterly depressing. 

Honestly, I don't think the twats are going to own this one.

In my case, I could go 'right, here is footage of four matches where the accused snogs fans at ringside seemingly without consent (by the way, put a man in that position doing that to women..), here is my eye witness, here is a show review that refers to the accused kissing a minor, here are some friends that have heard me and my witness mention this before, here is a family members reaction to my allegations, here they are inciting fans to react aggressively by posting my name and location via my Twitter profile' but the truth is, its incredibly difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that what I'm alleging is true purely due to how long ago it was. I am however, extremely confident that the above would easily pass a civil threshold so I think you'll find a lot of cases from #speakingout that are true, where criminal charges aren't pursued but civil charges from the other side aren't pursued either, because the risks involved with losing a civil case of this magnitude could be hugely damaging to someone's reputation. 

Bottom line is, victory comes from the accused shutting up the victim, and that seems to be the sad outcome to this movement with some exceptions.

Edited by AVM

• 2 weeks later...