Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

So just having a look on Twitter, and it looks like Declan Kellett is doing some sort of outdoor show soon. A lot of the girls are moaning about it, because he was accused during #speakingout.

But there is a girl on the show poster who i think also spoke out.

So what happens now, are the accused to be blackballed? Do any girls who work for an accused promoter get ostracized?

Not to defend Triple H or WWE but to be fair to them, he literally just addressed it two days ago in more detail and likely just wanted to keep discussion on point about Takeover given that is what the conference call was regarding.

His response two days ago:

HHH

“You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously. You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn’t. In this situation, [Clark] was also involved in a car accident. That’s what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone’s attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there’s nothing there.

“Everything that we have done, we are comfortable with him continuing to do what he does and everything else. But he had a car accident. It stemmed down to people thought we removed him from TV for different reasons. We didn’t. He was in a car accident.

“Once he was medically cleared to be able to return to the ring from his car accident, we continued forward the way we did. We looked into what was there and we didn’t find anything.”

That's not more detail though really, is it? The only thing he actually said about the allegations was, "you look into it and find that it is what it is and there’s nothing there."

That's kinda why more detail should be sought after when the accuser makes it public that they didn't even talk to him. 

WWE has absolutely no credibility to any fucker does it. If any other type of business did the exact same thing they'd be fucked alive if their summary was, after already putting him on TV or equivalent, yeah we had a look and nothing to worry about, yeah internal had a look yeah, yeah the D O DOUBLE G and KWANG had a nose.

Edited by Cannibal Man

3 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

WWE has absolutely no credibility to any fucker does it. If any other type of business did the exact same thing they'd be fucked alive if their summary was, after already putting him on TV or equivalent, yeah we had a look and nothing to worry about, yeah internal had a look yeah, yeah the D O DOUBLE G and KWANG had a nose.

Well, they've set a precedent where if you're in a position to deny any allegations or can just ignore them, they will sweep it under the carpet.   The only thing that will change that is if the police get involved.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, mikey said:

Well, they've set a precedent where if you're in a position to deny any allegations or can just ignore them, they will sweep it under the carpet.   The only thing that will change that is if the police get involved.

They set that precedent long ago. No criminal charges, no problem. And if the criminal charges don't stick, you'll be back.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

They set that precedent long ago. No criminal charges, no problem. And if the criminal charges don't stick, you'll be back.

Is Enzo an exception to the latter? Not that I'm clamouring to see him again, mind...

Surely WWE can’t contact these people anyway? It’s a criminal situation. Soliciting underage sexual content. I can’t imagine any company directly contacting people externally that have accused their employees of serious criminal activity. If you work for Tesco and someone posts on twitter that you shot their dog, are Tesco going to contact them to find out what happened? It’s on one or both parties to contact the police. Surely it interferes with any police investigation and can cause issues down the road too. I just can’t imagine a situation where this would or should happen. The accusers should only speak to the police (I know they’ve apparently tried but that’s irrelevant to the point) when its a criminal scenario rather than just a HR problem. 

WWE are scumbags of the highest order and should never be given the benefit of the doubt to conduct their own investigations anyway. Not only should wwe not contact them, but we absolutely should not want them to either. 

2 minutes ago, seph said:

Is Enzo an exception to the latter? Not that I'm clamouring to see him again, mind...

My understanding there was that his punishment wasn't for the criminal investigation, but for lying about not being under a criminal investigation to corporate when he knew he was

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Polish Dad said:

My understanding there was that his punishment wasn't for the criminal investigation, but for lying about not being under a criminal investigation to corporate when he knew he was

That's right, but as far as I'm aware the charges haven't stuck but they don't want him back and he doesn't want to come back.