"Would it even be a fry up without beans?"

King Coconut

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Square sausage is an absolute treat though, so they do get some things right when they're not trying to put oats or booze into everything. Served with proper sausages as part of a fry up of course. 

God, I've not had square sausage for so long. It's been a good few years since I've had white pudding too.

I might book a Friday morning off work and have an almighty fry up that renders me immobile for a few hours.

Bacon (crispy), sausages, square sausage, white pudding, haggis, mushrooms, hash browns, beans (I too favour Branston. I do also like to grate cheese into them so they go all sticky and gloopy), scrambled eggs (again, with lots of cheese), fried bread. I'm not adverse to tinned tomatoes, but I probably won't as they bring too much liquid to the plate and pose a risk to the integrity of the hash browns.

I'm hungry now. 🤔

The one small upside to not being able to work at the moment is I have the time to do some kind of fry up every day. I usually have it around lunchtime and so only need to eat one more meal in the evening, meaning I'm actually losing body fat by eating fry ups. Reminds me of the person on here who was prescribed doner kebab meat by the doctor after having food poisoning :D

• Paid Members

I need to do another breakfast kebab, if only to help cement it as being a real thing 

Doner meat, chicken meat, bacon, mushroom, hash brown and cheese (Oak smoked cheddar) in a pita, with a dash of HP sauce.

Judge me all you want, it was beautiful.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Surely a candidate extraordinaire for the #eatclean thread but I have no idea where you got the word "breakfast" from. 

It was my first meal of the day, purposely designed to be eaten in the morning. 

But yes, it does straddle the divide into #eatclean territory.

• Paid Members

So I decided to make myself a fry up for my dinner . Bacon, square sausage, hash brown, tattie scone, fried egg, fried bread and ofcourse beans. 

I was just getting stuck in and my door goes for an Amazon delivery. I come back and my shithouse of a dog had jumped up to the table and made a start on it.

I just scraped off that corner and stuck it the bin. When I told my wife later she complained that "I shouldn't waste food and should give that bit to the dog!"

• Paid Members

Definitely need beans with your fry up. As @deathrey alluded to. Adding spices and onions to the beans can lift them immensely.  We call them Toorkha beans in our family.

Fried eggs are the go to. I do also like scrambled eggs. Especially the type that are served at Holiday Inn breakfast buffets. I'm pretty sure that they're a culinary disaster. I however have no qualms about loading my plate with those scrambled eggs and beans. 

The last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn. I was most annoyed when the lady slid the buffet station door closed. I was more than up for a second helping. 

Can you rock up at a Holiday Inn or similar establishment and have just breakfast?