"Would it even be a fry up without beans?"

King Coconut

23 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

All this talk made me cook one up this morning. Because I'm that cunt, I use a big paella pan so everything muddles along together. 20200510_095757_copy_907x1612.thumb.jpg.c63a57c7876266a33ced90c4ca49f879.jpg

And everyone likes different things so the plates are all different. 

20200510_100331_copy_1612x907.thumb.jpg.2bfc25bd85aef870a3e1d3af1b8c3ca8.jpg

e.g. I don't do beans, but I love black pudding ( @Scott Malbranque you'll be pleased to know it's Clonakilty). Tomatoes I can take or leave, but I do like fried mushrooms. 

Bit too much white space on them plates for me, but otherwise a grand effort.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

It's just a potato cake isn't it? We have them all the time and I've never even been to Irn Bru country. Soda bread is nice on a fry up too. 

Couldn't tell you the difference to be honest. But probably aye. It's just I noiticed nobody else mentioned it but it's a must up here. 

• Paid Members
On 5/8/2020 at 7:18 PM, scratchdj said:

On fried bread, I sometimes get two fresh slices of thick white bread and cut a hole in the middle with a glass. I then crack an egg into each hole and fry the fuck out of it. The two “bread tokens” byproduct are then fried on the side to make two little fried bread biscuits. Fucking lush (with thick, boiled beans).

First saw this in V For Vendetta. Think it's called Egg In A Bucket/Basket. 

BTW, this thread looks like it's vying to be passed the torch by Chippy Tea.

Beans are a massive part of a fry up. It brings it all together. Branston are the king of beans. They already have a gloriously thick sauce but by microwaving them longer or boiling them you get the best beans ever. There's some very good beans out there but Branston wins.

I haven't had fried bread for a few years. That needs to change. The best beans on toast you'll ever have is a couple of fried breads, super thick beans and a shit load of strong cheddar on top. I know it's going away from being strictly beans on toast, but you can take it to the next level by putting some crispy bacon on top too. It'll take about five years off your life but it's worth it

• Paid Members
On 5/10/2020 at 10:41 AM, Onyx2 said:

All this talk made me cook one up this morning. Because I'm that cunt, I use a big paella pan so everything muddles along together. 20200510_095757_copy_907x1612.thumb.jpg.c63a57c7876266a33ced90c4ca49f879.jpg

And everyone likes different things so the plates are all different. 

20200510_100331_copy_1612x907.thumb.jpg.2bfc25bd85aef870a3e1d3af1b8c3ca8.jpg

e.g. I don't do beans, but I love black pudding ( @Scott Malbranque you'll be pleased to know it's Clonakilty). Tomatoes I can take or leave, but I do like fried mushrooms. 

You've let yourself down majorly on the toast front there Chest. You need to get that shit on the bread straight out of the toaster.