"Would it even be a fry up without beans?"

King Coconut

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

You've let yourself down majorly on the toast front there Chest. You need to get that shit on the bread straight out of the toaster.

I prefer to let the toast go a bit cold like that tbh. Gives it the authemtic B&B feel.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

If you're just having toast, then you slather it with spread right away. If you're gonna chuck a load of beans and egg on top, as you should, then leaving it a while stops it mushing up.

You want it to mush up. 

• Moderators

You use spare side toast or bread and butter for remnant clearing, nursery student. 

My other issue is with Onyx' eggs. I mean, scrambled for fucks sakes. Fried you want. Fried. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

My other issue is with Onyx' eggs. I mean, scrambled for fucks sakes. Fried you want. Fried. 

I can take or leave fried eggs. Love scrambled though, so when it's my turn I do scrambled.

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

You've let yourself down majorly on the toast front there Chest Onyx. You need to get that shit on the bread straight out of the toaster.

I really like cold toast so it holds on to that inch of butter.

This thread is very much Chippy Tea 2.0. Much less in the way of regional variants though. No weirdly named things only sold within 0.3m of Cleathorpes.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

No weirdly named things only sold within 0.3m of Cleathorpes.

I'm sure we will find something eventually. White Pudding and the Potato Scone had potential. 

A question for everyone. What about bubble and squeak? I would generally frown upon any potato on a fry up, but Boxing Day morning with mash, and Brussels left over from Christmas dinner, perfect. 

Scotland also do those slices of heavy fruit pudding/cake that’s you fry up at the same time.  Those are well nice.