"Would it even be a fry up without beans?"

King Coconut

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why would a chippy serve breakfast?

Despite my stance on chippies and kebabs I've actually had a few banging breakfasts from chippies. One of them even subbed traditional breakfast sausage for chippy style sausage.

• Paid Members

Given eggs and baked beans are two of my most despised foods (the other being celery), I don't really care for traditional cooked breakfast rules. I'll go for bacon, mushrooms, hash brown, black pudding and a slice of toast with Marmite, but the most important thing is that you have it in the evening with a pint of Guinness.

4 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Given eggs and baked beans are two of my most despised foods (the other being celery), I don't really care for traditional cooked breakfast rules. I'll go for bacon, mushrooms, hash brown, black pudding and a slice of toast with Marmite, but the most important thing is that you have it in the evening with a pint of Guinness.

Calm down SpursRiot.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just typing about doing them I the toaster and you beat me to it. They taste better and it frees up space in the oven

Hash browns work in the toaster too, although the next time you cook toast you can smell fat, but that's a small price to pay for a convenient midnight hash brown sandwich.

Waffles are a really good substitute for hash browns, don’t be waffle shaming.

I went through a phase of having three mini breakfasts for a while. A small bowl of cereal, a bit of jam on toast and some eggs and bacon. It was 100% inspired by reading the excerpt from Steve Bruce’s book on here about how he does the same.