Undertaker - The Last Ride

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I'd go with pretty much what Otto is saying. Have somebody on one of the teams get taken out on the go home show leaving it 5 on 4. You could do skits on the PPV of the disadvantaged team trying toĀ find a replacement for somebody to say they've got it sorted, fuck it, have itĀ be Pritchard out of character. In ring introduction, lights go out, bell rings, bosh, out comes Taker.

I was thinking it would be along the lines of AJ Styles and a bunch of up-and-coming heels against Taker and his league of legends (Triple H, Kane, Big Show, anyone else who doesn't want Saudi money). All the old guys do their signature spots, a couple of the key young guys get a big win over one of the names, and Undertaker beats Styles at the end.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, JNLister said:

I was thinking it would be along the lines of AJ Styles and a bunch of up-and-coming heels against Taker and his league of legends (Triple H, Kane, Big Show, anyone else who doesn't want Saudi money). All the old guys do their signature spots, a couple of the key young guys get a big win over one of the names, and Undertaker beats Styles at the end.

I'd like to see this more become the norm anyway; if you look at how Japanese promotionsĀ tendĀ to book legends, it's in big multi-man tags where they can maybe do a bit of comedy, but mostly just come in and hit their spots, so the crowd can be happy they got to see them. So much of the problems with Undertaker's last few matches have been down to the fact that they still book him as if he's as good as he ever was - there might be a bit of a token gesture made towards him getting older, but the structure of the match is the same, and by the end of it Michael Cole will still be screaming "THE DEAD MAN HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER".

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

So much of the problems with Undertaker's last few matches have been down to the fact that they still book him as if he's as good as he ever wasĀ 

What I always wanted from old taker was turning up every mania for the entrance and a 5 minuteĀ match,Ā couple of choleslams onĀ the latest midcard heel and keep the streak going forever. The thing I like most in wrestling is variety and gimmick stuffĀ and I'd be happy to see that amongst the 2 dozen proper matches. I realise after watching the show that's the opposite of what taker ever wantedĀ so I'm just going to respect the old nutter and hope he feels satisfied at some point.

I'd do a singles match at survivor series and build the show around it, get whoever he wants (Batista, orton, hhh, hbk, sting, AJ, edge, whoever)Ā bring the documentary into the storyline and have them be the one to tell him he'sĀ finished. Plan the match within takers limitations and haveĀ all their mates interfere and all that smoke and mirrors stuff. One last chance to have that proper send offĀ he's been after.Ā 

Here's the link if anyone wants to buy the cool t shirt he was wearingĀ 

https://www.ninelineapparel.com/collections/mens-apparel/products/mens-t-shirt-5-things

How did they not go with "5 things you don't F with"?

Surely getting buried in theĀ casket is the only way to finish his career? Ā At SS would be perfect. Ā Choose someone up and coming to get the rub - Keith Lee for example.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Surely getting buried in theĀ casket is the only way to finish his career? Ā At SS would be perfect. Ā Choose someone up and coming to get the rub - Keith Lee for example.

I'm not sure doing a gimmicky "burial" or anything would be the best way to end it, just because we've seen it so many times, and been conditioned to believe that it means there's an eventual comeback match on the cards.

I think coming off the back of the Boneyard Match and this series, he can retire as a more human character than that - that allows him to appear for things like the Hall of Fame, or transition into other roles if he wants to. I found it interesting on the last episode seeing that he spent Wrestlemania at gorilla position - I can't imagine he'll take a producer's job, but he's apparently under contract for another 15 years, so they'll need to find something for him.

30 minutes ago, Loki said:

I think him driving off into the night on a motorbike was more fitting.Ā  Even if he doesn't ever wrestle again, I'm sure we'll see him again.Ā  Ā You'd think a proper send off in front of fans, but in character, would be something he'd want.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

I've put together a proposal for a proper Undertaker retirement ceremony next year

Ā 

Ā 

Oh bugger

• Paid Members

There's no need for another match but I DO think there is a need for a farewell in front of fans.Ā 

I'd have Randy Orton doing whatever dastardly things he's doing at survivor series and then have Undertaker out, entrance, chokeslam, tombstone and THEN leave the hat and coat in the ring. This time people know it's coming and that's it.Ā 

The Boneyard match is a great last match but the fans and Taker need to say goodbye in person. You don't need a match to facilitate that.

1 hour ago, Suplex Sinner said:

The Boneyard match is a great last match but the fans and Taker need to say goodbye in person. You don't need a match to facilitate that.

I'd be more than happy with a HOF entry next year and an appearance at Mania. He's already lifted the curtain on 'Mark' so it's not going to hurt him doing a HOF speech now.

• Paid Members

The Vince stuff was once again absolutely fascinating. Particularly the bit where they talked about his autograph signing at Starrcast, when Taker mentions he didn't speak with Vince for months and then did a big old eye roll after he said "everything is fine now". I wonder how much that has played into 'Taker deciding to tell Vince he's done? There seems to be more to that.

Undertaker seemed so relaxed and affable in the final episode, be comparison to the first few. Reminded me a wee bit of Austin in recent years after he dropped the gimmick and mellowed out.

Just gone done watching it and I'm notĀ ashamed to say I had a few tears towards the end.
The Undertaker was the reason I got hooked on wrestling. It's the end of an era.
As much as I have felt he should have retired years ago, he's right, it was up to him. He had to be okay with it and it seems like he is.
The Boneyard match was a great ending for the character - the old gun-slinger in one last fight riding off into the darkness.
I know it sounds daft but it feels like a little bit of my childhoodĀ has gone.

Great documentary series and I'm happy for him that he seemingly got the storybook ending he wanted [and deserves].

• Paid Members

Just re-watched the last episode and I still think we'll see a farewell in front of fans, even as a cameo.Ā 

Two things struck me that are completely unrelated to his retirement but having paid more attention the second time round I feel need addressed:

1) His house isn't that tiny wee cabin surely? I assume it's part of his wider property/acreage?Ā 

2) It's actually really sweet just how into him Michelle* is isn't it?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*A third point would be "How in the name of Christ has he pulled that off?" Jealous I am.Ā