Undertaker - The Last Ride

King Pitcos

Ā 

So this starts next week. I might be jumping the gun a bit making a thread for a series that ends up disappointing, but that trailer has got me hyped up something fierce for it. A few years ago, this seemed completely impossible. We used to wish that one day UndertakerĀ write a book but we knewĀ that it'd never happen because he was all about keeping the mystique of the character. Now he's got a documentary series following him round while he battles the dilemma of whether he's too fucked to keep wrestling. This gives me hope that he'll still come out with a book about the mad shit they were getting up to in the nineties.

Anyone else excited for it?

Its what's great about the network, we never know when or what they're filming so get gems like Taker being filmed the past 3yrs to make a seriesĀ about him.

I have high hopes I love Taker and this behind the scenes stuff, I know some will be scripted but could be done well to add to his new "gimmick" if you wanna call it that.

18 minutes ago, Sergio Bellend said:

Looks like a bit of a cash-in on the hype of The Last Dance to me. Ā 

It was filmed over the past 3 years so not sure how it can be aĀ cash in of something just released

It was also previewed after Wrestlemania a Month ago before The Last Dance had even been released as well

Don't think WWE have been filming the Undertaker for the past 3 years just waiting for a sports documentary to drop so they can cash in on some hype and have there own documentaryĀ 

34 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

It was filmed over the past 3 years so not sure how it can be aĀ cash in of something just released

It was also previewed after Wrestlemania a Month ago before The Last Dance had even been released as well

Don't think WWE have been filming the Undertaker for the past 3 years just waiting for a sports documentary to drop so they can cash in on some hype and have there own documentaryĀ 

Yeah, but they film everything these days for Network stuff, theyā€™d definitely have had something in mind. Plus, The Last Dance has been in development for yonks, it didnā€™t just come out of nowhere.Ā 
Ā 

Maybe Iā€™m overthinking it, but the story of a legendā€™s supposedly ā€˜final runā€™ that didnā€™t turn out to be the case but was still considered the end of an era, the interview format ofĀ Taker in his armchair at home and the timing of the release seems a bit much to just be coincidence.Ā 

Edited by Sergio Bellend

• Paid Members

Trying to temper expectations *just in case* because I want this to be as good as it should be.Ā 

Due to his longevity and the Austin podcast he is the one guy in the roster I think will be straight up and you'll get a truer representation of what's been happening in the last few years.

The most striking thing about the trailer for me though was how frail/old Vince looked. Granted he's a pensioner but it's not the airbrushed version I'm used to seeing.

Yeah looking forward to it.

Hopefully the Bone Yard match was 'it'. It was a good way for Undertaker to go out and I just dont think he can get that one last classic in the ring he seems to want. His departure after the Roman match was great but the match was not what he wanted. Hopefully this ticked all the boxes.

Should hopefully be a good watch.

I'm really looking forward to it, but just to see the usual bunch of backstage footage, Vince's entire head looking like a bloodshot eye at gorilla,Ā and the excellent WWE editing on these things. I'm not particularly expecting any mad personality revelations. It'll be fun to get 'Taker's opinion on matches and angles but I bet it'll be fairly mellow stuff. I might be wrong but he just seems like a big, chilled out redneck who likes MMA, kickin' back and supporting our boys in blue. He might even be terribly dull.Ā 

He's the second most person of intrigue, for most, but after Vince there's quite theĀ fucking drop in that list.Ā 

• Paid Members

If its half as good as the trailer suggestsĀ then this will be great.

Its one of the things with wrestling isn't it, how due to its choreographyĀ it allows wrestlers to continue performing well past their prime.

In a real, competitiveĀ sportĀ its quite evident when its time to hang up the boots, you lose that yard of pace, you can't hack the training etc. But with wrestling you can cover and compensate for your opponentĀ so much that the lines are often blurred, especially if you only perform part time or are a special attraction like the Undertaker.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

The preview episode after 'Mania was really good. I was surprised at how honest it was with regards to Undertaker getting asked and addressing the fact that he's miles off where he was. Going by the trailer, I'm intrigued to see all the Vince interactions. I mean Vince in a tangerine t-shirt at the office is enough to get me to check it out.