Undertaker - The Last Ride

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Remember that whole "he might retire" in 2000 shite? I'm convinced the Undertaker just talks shite in the hope whatever wife he has at the time goes "no Mark, you've got a lot left in the tank." He'll never reitre now. He's definitely going out while on the job. He's the luckiest man in the world, really. He's survived so many near misses.

My favourite was when that horse trampled the coffin he was supposed to be in during rehearsal. Slightly ahead on goal difference to the time he got set on fire.

6 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

It might not have been like that in your section, but it was pretty much like that in mine. People were going nuts for him to win that match, albeit everyone was almost as knackered as he was, and then doing the big “thank you” chants after. When he left his costume in the ring, there were definitely folks crying - that must have been the case where you were sitting as well, surely?

Loads of people left before the end of the match in my section, didn't see anyone cry either that I remember, although I was giving it the 'thank you Taker' chants and was expecting that was the last time we'd ever see him.

I was ringside at Mania 33 (8th row opposite the hard cam, people watching at home might have seen my Crossfit Jesus sign). Pretty much EVERYONE around me was teary or at least clearly emotional when Taker left his gear in the ring. It was my first time seeing Undertaker in person, and it looked to be my last. Then I saw the Triple H vs. Undertaker "epic" from Super Showdown in person, and it made me have a much higher opinion of the Reigns vs Taker match quality.

• Paid Members

I’m hoping they address why the Cena match was so weirdly promoted and ended up being so short. Presumably it was all down to him not feeling confident delivering anything more substantial, but it’ll always feel like such a waste that such a dream match ended up so shit.

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’m hoping they address why the Cena match was so weirdly promoted and ended up being so short. Presumably it was all down to him not feeling confident delivering anything more substantial, but it’ll always feel like such a waste that such a dream match ended up so shit.

I'd argue it was much better than watching them try and go 20-30 minutes at that time.

Your right though it was a waste, It's a shame the match didn't happen 10 years earlier with the streak on the line and when Cena was at his hottest.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

Honestly, in retrospect, it’s the build up that I’m more disappointed in than the match itself. Two stars of that level, more than half of the fun would’ve been in the promos, face-offs and video packages. It’s such a shame that because Taker was bottling it in terms of what type of match he could deliver they felt duty bound to build it up so ambiguously. Didn’t the fucking T-shirt for that event even state that Undertaker might not show up?!

They could’ve done the exact same match but had all the awesome staredowns and made a story out of whether Taker had it in him anymore. Instead, we got two of the biggest stars of all time in a match sold on the idea that one bloke couldn’t be arsed showing his face in the weeks leading up to it and might not even turn up on the night.

Edited by Supremo

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

I have it on good authority that Taker wanted a long match and Cena was the one who said no. 

Second episode is up.

Someone's going to have to start keeping a log of all his whacky conservative t-shirts. Guy seems to source his entire apparel from right wing podcast stores. 

Was looking forward to this all day and it really delivered.

Some really emotional stuff between him and Vince, it was pretty powerful to watch. Then the preview to next weeks is just the never ending cycle he's found himself in.

• Paid Members

The preview for next week was hilarious after his big "I'm ready to go for 45, brother". These episodes don't half highlight the amount of shockers Taker has had in the last 5 or 6 years.

It was another good episode and we got more of Vince in an orange t shirt. Taker is clearly a tit though.

I'm glad they talked about the Cena match turning into an underwhelming squash. Particularly after spending 20 minutes or so building it up as the big return to his streak prime.

Edited by ColinBollocks

They'd just about convinced me they were going to play up the Cena match as if it was another Undertaker epic until they showed 'Taker in the immediate aftermath going on about the time of it to everyone he came across. 

Next episode's preview cracked me up, too. It's found this hilarious, repetitive groove of him doing a match, deciding he was rubbish, and going off for a year getting giant injections into his bones so that he can sit with his wife in all their weird guns and god gear and plan how to kayfabe another comeback so they don't realise he can't actually walk anymore. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK