Undertaker - The Last Ride

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

That Kane screen shot is taken from my account. Which, you know, whatever, because its available to anyone with access to the WWE network, but these lazy cunts couldnt have done one themselves? That fraud account will nick even the most accessable things. Imagine how little originality it must take to do that.

2 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I don’t ever remember Kane looking that ginger in the early days of the gimmick. He’s got the full Mick Hucknall head going on there. The Big Simply Red Machine. 

Because he always wore a mask with black hair attached?

• Paid Members

Yeah. Obviously he had the wig attached for the match in 2003 where he actually unmasked but it was clearly his hair from 97 up to that point.

Speaking of that SummerSlam 2000 match, I’d never seen this picture before;

14CD3D1E-76CF-4CD1-8668-442DE4835AC7.jpeg

I was about 10 years old in 1998 when my family got Sky and I was able to watch wrestling again for the first time since 1993,

I was certain that due to Kane's gingerness that it was the original Undertaker under that mask and the now black haired Mark Calaway/Undertaker was actually an imposter. Actually tried to get in touch with the Livewire show to put this to them as well 😄

I tell you what chaps, we all should want in life to have someone who looks at us like Michelle McCool looks at Taker.  In episode 2 when he was in the hospital you could see how much she loves him.  It’s very cute, and impressive how fucking amazing she manages to look after a couple of kids and retirement.

Forget the Dead Man, she deserves a nostalgia run.

I'd never particularly found McCool attractive (standing next to Layla so often will take the shine off anyone tbf) and I can't be dealing with all the 'God is dope' bollocks, but there's been several points through this series that i've thought "fucking hell, he's done alright there".

Quite the nothing episode really and possibly suffered from the total ignoring of the transparent fact of the Saudi gigs being such a sweet pay deal for why any of them were coming back and taking them.

Glen Jacobs was so perfectly cast to be Undertaker's brother. Being huge and fucking jacked for one, but the element of the ginge that 'Taker had too really made that shit work for me. As well as being an ugly enough bastard that he was much better off under a mask. It's odd, i've seen what Glen Jacobs looks like thousands of times, yet i still find seeing him unmasked in those early years of being Kane fascinating.

(Realise how the general tone of this post comes across, no need to point it out)

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

It's odd, i've seen what Glen Jacobs looks like thousands of times, yet i still find seeing him unmasked in those early years of being Kane fascinating.

Same. It’s a similar thing with Rey Mysterio for me. Even though he wrestled unmasked for the better part of a year in 1999, and we’ve all seen his 12 year old looking face. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah. Obviously he had the wig attached for the match in 2003 where he actually unmasked but it was clearly his hair from 97 up to that point.

I remember this showing up in one of the Apter mags at the time - Summerslam 2000 was the first PPV I watched after getting back into wrestling, and I was buying all the shit magazines and everything back then.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Looks like that time Martine McCutcheon vomited on him.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

there's been several points through this series that i've thought "fucking hell, he's done alright there".

Michelle McCool has come across incredibly well in this series and I can see what you mean. Seems to genuinely care about him.