Undertaker - The Last Ride

King Pitcos

7 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

Be interesting to know if this ginger prick still stands behind his 'A POLITICAL' clobber

I'll always love Taker the performer. But Taker the guy seems like your classic redneck hick going by his t-shirts.

- blue lives matters 

- America; love it or get out

- I stand for the national anthem 

- outline of an assault rifle with US flag through it 

19 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Undertaker is interviewed on Pete Rosentwat's show today. I'm just sitting here thinking, it's alright to break character mate, but dont take the piss. He's never shut his gob for months. He's like the new Honky Tonk Man.

I saw a clip on YouTube yesterday where a couple of lads were interviewing him about whether he likes memes of himself.

Edited by King Pitcos

• 3 weeks later...

Lance.jpg

Yeah, so this is back.

Quite liked the most recent episode. It's heavy on the backstage natter, which is basically what I'm watching it for. That stuff will ever get old for me. Dodgy shirts and crazy evil Vince stories be damned, I end up succumbing to any footage of the two of them together. The weird power of their bond tends to resonate through the screen. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I know we all know this already, but fucking hell Vince is weird.  Every time he's on screen in this, he seems stuck (as some off-screen producer put it) semi in-character, and slightly awkward, and you have to wonder if that just... him.

Best episode so far, in that there was the most backstage stuff I thought.   Dave Batista's genuine worry for his friend/idol was really cool.  Bit of Austin flapping his gums.  Undertakers' beard and eyebrows were the real star, what the hell was he thinking with that dye job?

They could probably keep making this for a few more years though, it's a bit sad.  Has a shit match, needs redemption to retire, has a good match, feels he's got some left in the tank, has a bad match...

1 hour ago, Loki said:

They could probably keep making this for a few more years though, it's a bit sad.  Has a shit match, needs redemption to retire, has a good match, feels he's got some left in the tank, has a bad match...

Honestly I'm hoping it serves as a segway into his last proper run and retirement. Unless he's totally content with the AJ match being the last one, although I'd be very surprised if his last moments aren't before a crowd.

I finally got round to watching the Michael Jordan documentary series over the last few days and it's obviously a lot different because it focuses on his prime career time, MANY years ago. While here's Taker still trying to capture those past glories and looking for the perfect way to retire. It made it even sadder really.

4 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Just watched the last episode.  Quite a surprising bit toward the end, which I didn’t know about....don’t know if it was common knowledge.

Hide contents

His brother died in March

Yeah that plus what happened to Michelle afterwards were tough parts to watch. 

That was a great ep though and exactly the way to finish the story.

Truly feel this series is a masterpiece.

We got insight in the mind of Mark Calaway . Just like all of us, he has internal struggles. What a career he had.

It is time to go. There is nothing left to prove.

Edited by LWOLeN

Selfishly I'd like one more match at Mania next year only because I'm hoping to and would've been at Tampa this year, was at Orlando when he kinda retired and was a great moment.

But if he's finally done I'm happy for him, seems an even cooler guy than we had heard all these years.

He'll still make appearances here and there probably at Survivor Series for 30th anniversary and HOF at Mania