Undertaker - The Last Ride

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LWOLeN said:

What a career he had.

96 - 98 and in 2006 - 2012 were great and had great highs, and some of those were the highest of highs and genuinely classic matches and moments that stand the test of time. Outside of that he had some real lows, and some of those lows were really, really down there and were the worst of the worst. 

7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

It's definitely not his retirement though, is it? He can say he's content and at peace all he wants, as soon as Vince flashes that Saudi money surely he's back in a shot?

I dunno. Maybe a Saudi appearance but I did get the feeling that all the personal stuff plus the way the AJ match was received all gave him a different perspective on everything this time. I think he has to accept that it's as close to a perfect retirement as he's now going to get.

Nice one, Undie. 

Got me a bit at the end with the video package and all the old photos. Takes you back to being a child then realising we're now 25 years down the line.

But please stay retired, pal. The mystique went long ago, you're body is broken and you're look is decimated. Take your Hall of Fame induction and stay retired for everyones safety.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

It's definitely not his retirement though, is it? He can say he's content and at peace all he wants, as soon as Vince flashes that Saudi money surely he's back in a shot?

I don't quite know about back in a shot, but it certainly wasn't a definitive "I'll NEVER wrestle again" statement. More "I think I'm now happy if I don't wrestle again, but if I get the call, who knows..."

Perfect retirement. Sails off into the sunset. Part of me thinks it isn't the end though the end isn't far. At money in the bank there were a few snippets of AJ seeing Takers casket, and pictures off him which made me think there's likely to be another match in front of an audience - I'd estimate Survivor Series or Mania. I think he kind of wants a great ending in front of a crowd too. 

I think he is at the point where he would like that though if the covid impact means there's no fans at this years Survivor Series or next Mania that will be it.

Great documentary series by the WWE. Even if it isn't the in ring retirement, its the retirement of a man living the character for 30 years. He was barely out of character out of the ring, and now the veil has been pulled back he can be himself. 

• Paid Members

if he can work Survivor Series this year, in front of a crowd, that would be ideal - let him have a "proper" match with AJ, or come up with something else entirely, but to round it off at the same event he debuted at, after 30 years, is as good a way as any to go out. 

1 minute ago, JNLister said:

Maybe you could have him be in a Survivor Series elimination match so he just does a few key spots rather than have to work a full match.

How about this idea, but he enters after being introduced by Ted DiBiase and is accompanied by Brother Love? He should then get eliminated by disqualification so the first thing you saw from the Undertaker is the very last thing you see. Underception.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Maybe you could have him be in a Survivor Series elimination match so he just does a few key spots rather than have to work a full match.

I would like that, but only if they put the work in to make the match seem important. The actual Survivor Series matches have largely felt like an afterthought at that PPV for years, particularly with all the brand supremacy nonsense they've used to promote it - I don't want to see the reason for The Undertaker's last match to be whether he's wearing a red or blue T-shirt this month.

I'd go with pretty much what Otto is saying. Have somebody on one of the teams get taken out on the go home show leaving it 5 on 4. You could do skits on the PPV of the disadvantaged team trying to find a replacement for somebody to say they've got it sorted, fuck it, have it be Pritchard out of character. In ring introduction, lights go out, bell rings, bosh, out comes Taker.