Undertaker - The Last Ride

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Pinc said:

The idea that Taker, his wife and his daughter live in that little shed has creased me.

Not going to lie, I'm actually pissing myself laughing having thought it through.

The entire episode when it cuts to the aerial view I kept thinking "surely not he's loaded" 🙈

I've finally watched this today, managed to get through the lot in one sitting. Enjoyed every minute of it. Got to echo what others have said, the stuff with Vince is brilliant, the man looks like he's permanently on the edge of tears though. The unseen backstage stuff is fascinating- him and Bearer fucking about when digging graves, chatting to Angle backstage. He comes across as a genuinely lovely bloke.

I'll always say that Hogan was the one that got me in to wrestling but Taker was the one that kept me a fan. He was my favourite in that era, my favourite when he came back as The American Badass but he's been slipping down my list of favourites after the Bray match at Mania. After this though, fuck it, he's my favourite of all time.

2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Probably in the minority here, but I think that cinematic wrestling is shit and that Boneyard match is an appalling way to end a glittering career on.

I hate cinematic wrestling too BUT I thought the boneyard match was really good.
It completely fit The Undertaker persona and he has done many vignettes etc in graveyards and the like before so it wasn't completely out of left field.
Him driving off into the darkness fit perfectly too.

16 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Probably in the minority here, but I think that cinematic wrestling is shit and that Boneyard match is an appalling way to end a glittering career on.

Totally. They’re kidding themselves if they think that cringey nonsense is a fitting last hurrah.

• Paid Members

Everytime they make one of these docs with the 'Mania 9 backstage footage, it reminds me just how much I'd love a feature length "The Making of Wrestlemania 9" documentary. 

The boneyard match helped mask the physical aspects that undertaker couldn't manage. It's as good a match as we're going to get. Any future in-ring performance should be brief - tombstone or chokeslam and get out in one piece. 

A great albeit biased documentary. 

52 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Totally. They’re kidding themselves if they think that cringey nonsense is a fitting last hurrah.

The general reception to it was very positive.

Those involved in making it were very happy.

AJ was happy.

Taker was happy.

Put all of that together and whether you think it's 'cringey' or not, it was absolutely a fitting last hurrah.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Get out.

I mean, he's probably going to wrestle again when Vince asks, but I quite like how they went about this. To create such a good docu-series about the guy and finish it with him retiring is something different from how they usually do it. A few mates that are lapsed fans have checked out the documentary off the back of the retirement news and have been very positive about the docu-series (despite the t-shirts).

Even Taker has come to the realisation he's not good enough to have the traditional classic send off match he's craved so settled on the AJ match because it's brilliant. He'll never top it doing a traditional match.

Edited by ColinBollocks