Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

One of them should fuck the no-compete off. At Double or Nothing, Harper eats a steak wrap (with ketchup) and counts stacks of cash while firing half the Voodoo Kin Mafia. One of them takes off the gimp mask and it’s Rusev! Matchka kick and then runs off celebrating like he’s won the World Cup. Harper, still on the ground, looks begrudgingly impressed and mutters “Good shit, pal.”

Just spitballing here, but assuming they chose to do it for free to get their face out there again, I wonder if the non-compete would prevent any of these recent releases from being shown as part of the wrestler "crowd" you assume they'll have at Double or Nothing?

I wouldn't be that astounded if some of these folks have been released but been told they'll be brought back as soon as the company can, and would come running as soon as that call is made. I wouldn't expect Rusev to be one of them, though.

Rusev‘s a weird one, isn’t he? He’s seemed halfway out the door for about five years, since the Ziggler storyline. Over the last three years, he’s just disappeared for months on end a few times. For some reason, he’s always re-signed and stuck around. Perhaps it was the Mrs, or perhaps he just couldn’t take the leap to quit Vince and now he’s free he’ll never go back.

• Paid Members

Is Chris Hero still employed then? Because that's surely the first name to go. They have no intention of ever calling him up, and he's a 40 year old fat bloke. Regardless of how well he moves for it, he's ripe for the sack looking at the names on that list.

Unless he's in the 30 pence a week bracket, and isnt worth it.

5 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Is Chris Hero still employed then? Because that's surely the first name to go. They have no intention of ever calling him up, and he's a 40 year old fat bloke. Regardless of how well he moves for it, he's ripe for the sack looking at the names on that list.

Unless he's in the 30 pence a week bracket, and isnt worth it.

I read last night that he was added to the alumni section of wwe.com

Just checked first hand and yep, he's on there, between Karl Anderson and Kelly Kelly. Don't know what's gone on there if that's a somehow unannounced release.

Edited by sj5522

I'm not sure if he says it in that YouTube clip or not but he said that even if WWE don't do another Saudi show, house show, or sell a single piece of merch again this year, they're still on track to make close to a billion dollars in revenue. Even if everyone cancelled their Network subscriptions they'd still be making $850m in revenue this year. More than they've ever made in any year.

1 hour ago, Bicurious Dad said:

To be fair none of the 4 NXT releases were announced on the website, neither were the producers (Angle aside).

They don't and never have officially announced developmental releases.  The only reason they announced Kurt Angle is because he still has a talent contract, unlike all the other producers and trainers who were fired.

Edited by The Dart

4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I'm not sure if he says it in that YouTube clip or not but he said that even if WWE don't do another Saudi show, house show, or sell a single piece of merch again this year, they're still on track to make close to a billion dollars in revenue. Even if everyone cancelled their Network subscriptions they'd still be making $850m in revenue this year. More than they've ever made in any year.

Vince is a money making genius to be fair to the evil cunt. Even in his advanced years, he's still breaking barriers in revenue and profit. Got to take your hats off to him in that respect.

Edited by IronSheik