Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

ideally you'd fly No Way Jose in, advertise him big, get everyone in, have him head out dancing to Rock Your Baby by George McRae before the first bell, get him dancing through the building for the rest of the show and never have him get in the ring except to DDT the main eventers as they're being introduced before fucking off to dance again, never turn the song off

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

ideally you'd fly No Way Jose in, advertise him big, get everyone in, have him head out dancing to Rock Your Baby by George McRae before the first bell, get him dancing through the building for the rest of the show and never have him get in the ring except to DDT the main eventers as they're being introduced before fucking off to dance again, never turn the song off

Like a Butlins New Jack?

• Paid Members

There’s rumours of a released wrestler appearing on Raw tonight and Drake Maverick is teasing something for, “7:30pm,” on Twitter. It’s mad. Seeing him cry I’d obviously be made up for him if they changed their minds and brought him back, but selfishly I really want to see him in AEW doing fun skits with Chris Jericho.

• Paid Members

It's not exactly enjoyable to see so many people lose their jobs, but if it wasn't during the virus outbreak you'd be hard pressed to make a case for the majority of them. Though selfishly and heartlessly, I am glad to see Kassius Ohno gone because I've thought he was robbing a living since they signed him.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

It's not exactly enjoyable to see so many people lose their jobs, but if it wasn't during the virus outbreak you'd be hard pressed to make a case for the majority of them. Though selfishly and heartlessly, I am glad to see Kassius Ohno gone because I've thought he was robbing a living since they signed him.

I popped on Twitter the other day to see if I had any DMs and there was a bloke moaning in my mentions about how WWE were mental to let him go and that they missed the boat on him twice - and that he should have been a world champion with them a long time ago. This is what I get for going on Twitter at all.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Was it ever explained why Ohno moved to the UK brand? Greggs?

In storyline, he quit NXT proper after getting squashed by Riddle, then came to NXT UK to prove an American was in fact the best British-style wrestler in WWE.

In reality, think he was doing coaching at the UK PC alongside wrestling for the brand.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

It's not exactly enjoyable to see so many people lose their jobs, but if it wasn't during the virus outbreak you'd be hard pressed to make a case for the majority of them

Other than Rusev, who seems quite well like by most on here including myself, and Drake Maverick, partly because we’ve watched him develop from the U.K. indies to TNA/Impact then finally getting to WWE over the course of 15ish years, I doubt most would’ve given two shits.

Having said that, letting them go while the world is in this scenario and they’re not going to be able to go and work the indies, because let’s face it, they’re not all going to sign with the likes of AEW or the like, makes them a bunch of scumbags

• Paid Members

The only real surprises for me - outside of refs, agents, and trainers - would be Rusev, Rowan, Gallows & Anderson.

Rusev moved merch when they got creative behind him, and had a lot to offer - but at the same time, there's been noise about him wanting to get out for what feels like forever now. Surprised they'd sack him off when you'd think they want to keep Lana happy, though.

Rowan is somehow they kept trying with, gave a bunch of different gimmicks, and was a featured part of TV in some capacity pretty much consistently for his entire run, so I wouldn't have thought they'd have given up on him like this.

Gallows and Anderson were booked as scrubs for pretty much their entire run, but they literally just came off being part of a Wrestlemania main event and, like Rowan, have been on TV pretty much constantly. They're guys I fully expect to rock up in AEW and have a lot to offer there.

Pretty much everyone else on the list is the sort of midcard talent that I could easily forget about/not realise still worked there anyway, given I only watch PPVs and most of them rarely make the cut. It sucks that they've been released in the current climate, no doubt, and all are talented, creative wrestlers that have a lot to offer whatever companies they end up in, but if you're going to be as ruthless as WWE have been about it, they're not really losing anything by cutting the Eric Youngs and No Way Joses of the world when they have NXT and a Performance Center full of stockpiled talent to take those spots, and are presumably running with a limited crew for the time being anyway.

I was surprised how gutted I was about them letting Heath Slater go. I thought he would have been there for life. Forgotten how much I'd enjoyed him over the years, he was class as a bumping, stooging, entertaining undercard guy. Loved 3MB and the daft, feel good, 'HE'S GOT KIDS!' stuff with Rhyno. Even his recent (and all too brief) 24/7 title victory got a big pop and I was disappointed they never went with it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Surprised they'd sack him off when you'd think they want to keep Lana happy, though.

Vince's 'Operation: get Lana together with someone else' is going to go up a few levels now, isn't it?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

If it was up to me I'd cut everyone that's been there over 7 years.

I assume you have a reason beyond just plucking a weirdly arbitrary figure out of thin air?