Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I assume you have a reason beyond just plucking a weirdly arbitrary figure out of thin air?

They’re all allowed one full body cell replacement cycle.

WWE has come to terms today on the releases of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, the Usos, New Day, Randy Orton and pretty much everyone else that anyone cares about.

Do Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison and Drew McIntyre count as they’ve had over seven in total, or does it just count from the last time they re-joined? 

1 minute ago, King Pitcos said:

They’re all allowed one full body cell replacement cycle.

WWE has come to terms today on the releases of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, the Usos, New Day, Randy Orton and pretty much everyone else that anyone cares about.

Do Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison and Drew McIntyre count as they’ve had over seven in total, or does it just count from the last time they re-joined? 

I'd fire all of those guys.

The seven years is based on the traditional average turnover of fans. They drastically need to push some under 30 year old stars, just strap a rocket to them and see where it lands, they can't keep going where they are going where the big stars are the guys from the Attitude era and the up and comers are in their mid-30s. Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy were selling out the Louisiana Superdome aged 21 and 19. That's pro-wrestling in my eyes. It's no wonder the average age of fans is about 65 when the likes of AJ Styles (who is the same age as old-man Bob Backlund was when he made his WWF comeback in 1992) is being promoted as an "up and coming hungry tiger".

They can bring back some of the younger (sub-35) older stars as enhancement talent after a couple of years or so.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

The seven years is based on the traditional average turnover of fans. They drastically need to push some under 30 year old stars, just strap a rocket to them and see where it lands, they can't keep going where they are going where the big stars are the guys from the Attitude era and the up and comers are in their mid-30s. Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy were selling out the Louisiana Superdome aged 21 and 19. That's pro-wrestling in my eyes. It's no wonder the average age of fans is about 65 when the likes of AJ Styles (who is the same age as old-man Bob Backlund was when he made his WWF comeback in 1992) is being promoted as an "up and coming hungry tiger".

They can bring back some of the younger (sub-35) older stars as enhancement talent after a couple of years or so.

Captain (No) Underpants – Bossey Boots

2 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

How can you push and strap a rocket to any young stars if anyone worth beating was released, you need the established stars to put over the rising stars.

Oh and when has AJ Styles ever been promoted as an "up and coming hungry tiger"??

Isn't his whole thing since he came to WWE been that he has travelled the Indies and now made it to WWE that was basically the basis for his Wrestlemania match vs Randy Orton 

Put the young talent over those that have been there 3-7 years. Those are the old-timers in this paradigm. Look at AJW in their glory days, the retirement age was 26 and their crowds were packed full of screaming young girls. Young viewers are worth a hundred OAPs to the TV executives. WWE should become the voice of the new generation, just like Pepsi was back in the day.

If you got rid of everyone who had had a contract with the company prior to and including 2013 these would be your Raw and Smackdown rosters...Christ I'm bored

Raw
AJ Styles, Akam, AkiraTozawa, Aleister Black, Andrade, Angelo Dawkins, Appolo Crews, Asuka, Bianca Belair, Billie Kay, Cedric Alexnder, Charly Caruso, Erik, Humberto Carrillo, Ivar, Kairi Sane, Kevin Owens, Liv Morgan, Mike Rome, Montez Ford, Nia Jax, Peyton Royce, Rezar, Ricochet, RiddickMoss, Ruby Riott, Samoa Joe, Vic Joseph

Smackdown
Braun Strowman, Drew Gulak, Elias, Ember Moon, Greg Hamilton, Jaxson Ryker, Kayla Braxton, Lacey Evans, Mandy Rose, Mustafa Ali, Nikki Cross, Otis, Sarah Schreiber, Sonya Deville, Steve Cutler,

Edited by Brudaker

I can actually understand what he means by saying dumping anyone who's been there for over 7 years and aren't doing much. There was a time pre 15 years ago that when they started to get stale they were pretty much gone and some returned. For example Piper came in I think in around '84, he left in '87 and returned in '89 till 1992. Davey boy was about from 85-88 and then returned in 1990-1992 and back in 1994-1997 and so on. Tatanka was only about for 4 years and fans still have fond memories of his run. WWF was like a revolving door which made things fresh all the time. These days they just hoard whoever they sign for years and years no matter how shit they are.

1 hour ago, Brudaker said:

Ah, my bad, forgot to remove Braun. Has Dawkins really been about 7 years in developmental? I thought he signed 2016.

I, like wwe, forgot Nakamura existed.

Yeah, Dawkins has been in developmental since 2012, not long after it changed from FCW to NXT. He didn’t do anything on the show besides play jobber until 2016/17 though. He was a Jason Jordan type, where nothing really clicked for years until the right tag team partner came along. 

• Paid Members

I get where he’s coming from but it’s not as cut and dry as that. Austin’s entire WWE run was about 7 years and he was the biggest star of all time. Hogan’s was about 8 and by the time he left people were sick of him. 
The ones that have stuck around for longer like Kane or Undertaker had to do things like unmask or change their entire gimmick to try and stay relevant and even then it didn’t always work.

There is a direct correlation with the quality going down when constant turnover went down, and it’s not even entirely to do with lack of competition because there’s been a bunch of unknowns they’ve made “stars” of.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I get where he’s coming from but it’s not as cut and dry as that. Austin’s entire WWE run was about 7 years and he was the biggest star of all time. Hogan’s was about 8 and by the time he left people were sick of him. 
The ones that have stuck around for longer like Kane or Undertaker had to do things like unmask or change their entire gimmick to try and stay relevant and even then it didn’t always work.

There is a direct correlation with the quality going down when constant turnover went down, and it’s not even entirely to do with lack of competition because there’s been a bunch of unknowns they’ve made “stars” of.

But see, those two guys both show the lunacy of the suggestion,  because this guy is talking about 7 years including NXT, So once they're picked up by developmental they'v got 7 years to succeed. Sucks to be you Velveteen Dream. You've got a character over, but you're not quite there yet, and you've only got two years to be a star. Who cares that you're 24?

Austin may have had a 6 year run, had been on TV either in WCW or ECW for years before he signed with WWE. That experience is massive, and not so easy to find elsewhere now.

Hogan's the opposite problem. You're right, people were getting sick of him when he left, but then he went on to be the biggest heel in the business in WCW. A turn could've made the difference here.

Making people reevaluate their gimmicks every few years is a great shout. Dolph Ziggler in particular could do with that lesson, but a blanket firing is mental. If nothing else, that would've suggested firing John Cena in 2009!

He's also wrong about age as a factor, but that's a different post.

7 hours ago, MEGABUCKS said:

I can actually understand what he means by saying dumping anyone who's been there for over 7 years and aren't doing much. There was a time pre 15 years ago that when they started to get stale they were pretty much gone and some returned. For example Piper came in I think in around '84, he left in '87 and returned in '89 till 1992. Davey boy was about from 85-88 and then returned in 1990-1992 and back in 1994-1997 and so on. Tatanka was only about for 4 years and fans still have fond memories of his run. WWF was like a revolving door which made things fresh all the time. These days they just hoard whoever they sign for years and years no matter how shit they are.

I’ve thought wrestling in general would hugely benefit from letting contracted wrestlers travel the indies or be loaned out to keep fresh and reinvent themselves. McIntyre is the perfect example of that working. 
I reckon Big Show’s career would have been extremely different had he been shipped of to Japan for a couple years. Same with guys like Sheamus, Cesaro and Fandango.