Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

• Paid Members

Be a shame if Drake doesn't have some sort of interaction with Jericho in the next few months. Imagine the great stuff those two will come up with, given the freedom they will be afforded. Drake in the Inner Circle or even feuding with Spanish God would be brilliant.

Edited by ColinBollocks

10 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Rusev will be an utter star in AEW and rightly so. Drake/Spud should be snapped up immediately by them as well. He's entertaining as hell.

By my reckoning they'll be available to sign with AEW or anyone else on July 15, right? 

I honestly believe that many of them will be re-signed if and when this pandemic lockdown eases a little and business starts to pick up. If we get to July 15 and things are still as they are now, we have bigger problems than who's going to be wrestling where.

One of them should fuck the no-compete off. At Double or Nothing, Harper eats a steak wrap (with ketchup) and counts stacks of cash while firing half the Voodoo Kin Mafia. One of them takes off the gimp mask and it’s Rusev! Matchka kick and then runs off celebrating like he’s won the World Cup. Harper, still on the ground, looks begrudgingly impressed and mutters “Good shit, pal.”

Edited by King Pitcos

27 minutes ago, David said:

By my reckoning they'll be available to sign with AEW or anyone else on July 15, right? 

I honestly believe that many of them will be re-signed if and when this pandemic lockdown eases a little and business starts to pick up. If we get to July 15 and things are still as they are now, we have bigger problems than who's going to be wrestling where.

What would be the point in resigning them before July 15? They'll have saved no money as they are still paying them up until then, making the whole act of clearing them out to save $4m a week redundant.

Just now, wordsfromlee said:

What would be the point in resigning them before July 15? They'll have saved no money as they are still paying them up until then, making the whole act of clearing them out to save $4m a week redundant.

As I said, Vince may have been advised that he should cut the staff he did now, who'll get paid their three month downside and can be recalled during that period if business picks up, rather than wait until the shit really hits the fan before letting them go and having to cover the three months at that point when the financial situation could be much worse.

I don't necessarily think it's about saving the $4 million per month, as much as it's about maintaining a level of profitability on paper. 

It's actually around $700k a month from the talent cuts, the rest is cost saving across the business. I'm not sure what has confused you about David's comments - clearly right now they need to cut costs (morality arguements aside) but the talent costs won't come into play until Mid-July. Come Mid-July they may be in a position where these savings are no longer required so they could in theory re-sign them again if they wanted to.

• Paid Members

I had no idea Mike and Maria were making half a million each. Fair fucking play. Whatever you think about AEW’s product that goes to show what a difference they’ve already made to the business. No way Vince is paying talent like that half a million each for so long just to stop them going to Impact or ROH.

11 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'm sure AEW has some kind of budget they are working with.
Can't see them having unlimited funds. 

I’m sure they do, but it is going to be very high and Rusev isn’t going to push them over the limit. The money the Khans are worth they would probably be able to sign every wrestler on the earth before going skint. It’s two-three years before a start up company is expected to be profitable and Tony’s Dad is happy with the current progress 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

At the very least AEW could just use all these guys (and gals) for a big comedy battle royale and sign the winner. Could be a laugh.......

Is Lars Sullivan still under contract or was he quietly binned off a while back?

What were the results of WWE's first quarterly financial report?