Rey_Piste

On 1/8/2023 at 1:29 PM, Merzbow said:

My local Farmfoods had these pretzel pieces, three bags for a quid.

spacer.png

Are these anything like Snyder’s? Can’t get them for love nor money any more (well money but lots of it) so these look very tempting.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:26 PM, Spud said:

Are these anything like Snyder’s? Can’t get them for love nor money any more (well money but lots of it) so these look very tempting.

They are but they only seem to have two flavours, neither of which are particularly nice, the Poundland (75p) honey and mustard ones are amazing and the jalapeno ones are decent too. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Local Costcutter has been stocking these Chinese brands, so I tried the oddest-sounding flavour.IMG20230303180530.thumb.jpg.da439253bb3c57598feb5b0e04a9153f.jpg

Bizarre. Flavour's actually not bad, but they've got this really greasy texture that makes them feel soggy without actually being soggy, which made me really thirsty.

Overall, not good.

EDIT: Of course @Egg Shen would like this post!

Edited by Carbomb

Finally found them @Merzbow

spacer.png

Amazing, but I won't be eating them on the regs as my stomach is currently making what sounds like noises from the Godspeed! album Yanqui UXO and I can already foresee a very red shit later on. Didn't think they were as spicy as the Bukdak x2 bastards, but they still hurt me a sufficient amount. 10/10 obviously.

Picked these up as well. Not sure what flavour to expect but love that the "veggie" one still may contain fish, molluscs etc. I assume its just the factory they're made in.

spacer.png

I remember the veggie one being vegan approved in the past, maybe they just changed the factory they're made in. A surprising amount of Korean noodles don't have meat, even when they're supposedly chicken flavor and others just straight up say they're artificial.

I've been adding a little extra chili infused soy sauce in my noodles lately, and garlic powder in the cheaper 40p packs from Koka. It's a nice little extra kick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 1/23/2023 at 10:09 PM, Carbomb said:

I saw the most ridiculous, poncy, north London crisps in a shop recently. I mean, who comes up with these flavours? What sort of hipster sits there and thinks "That's what people want"? Gentrification at its worst.

(They were quite nice.)

I've had these from the Polish shop, the Eastern European markets seem far more concerned with the variety of mushroom used for flavours than we would.

Let mrs raid choose some Crunchips in "spicy paprika & cheese" flavour the other day when I was really in the mood for Lays Max Hot in Hot Pepperoni. They were decent but I probably wouldn't have them again.