Rey_Piste

• Paid Members

Dark chocolate Maltesers are buzzing. Aldi are now also doing their own snide version (Choco Maltballs) too. 

This big caramac push doesn't seem sustainable. We went ages with 1 bar fulfilling that need & now it's everywhere. 

• Paid Members
On 7/23/2022 at 9:38 PM, Weezenal said:

Went to the New York a few months ago and stocked up on the Snyders Honey Mustard pretzels. They do big bags of them out there so we must get them back here at some point. I say stocked up, lasted less than a week.

What's happened to Snyders. I was in Sainsburys today and could not find any. I had to settle for a ripoff effort of the Honey Musturd ones.  They weren't too bad.  Brand name was "Petes".

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/29/2022 at 11:58 PM, BigJag said:

What's happened to Snyders. I was in Sainsburys today and could not find any. I had to settle for a ripoff effort of the Honey Musturd ones.  They weren't too bad.  Brand name was "Petes".

I got some of these today - Cheddar & Bacon. Quite moreish.

IMG20221116134858.jpg

• Paid Members

You basically can't get Snyders anywhere in the UK any more. They changed their recipe and stopped exporting them here; not sure what the connection between those two facts is. 

I had some in the US, and I don't know if they were always different there or it's the new recipe, but they weren't as crunchy as they used to be.

I tried Pete's honey mustard ones, but the flavour wasn't quite right for me.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

How do we feel about Penn State? I really like the chilli ones.

Yeah, Roasted Chilli are decent but I LOVE the Sour Cream & Chive ones. If you eat a whole bag in one go (and why wouldn't you?) it leaves a 'flavour dust crust' on your fingers that is impressively hard to shift.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, Roasted Chilli are decent but I LOVE the Sour Cream & Chive ones. If you eat a whole bag in one go (and why wouldn't you?) it leaves a 'flavour dust crust' on your fingers that is impressively hard to shift.

I enjoyed them but I can’t remember if they’re better than M&S. Good dust there.

Poundland do a very good version of honey mustard pretzel pieces called Crackzels, only 75p a bag and very Snyder like in its moreishness, they also do them in Jalapeño and Garlic Bread flavours, not had the former but the latter is very mild and buttery

29 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Poundland do a very good version of honey mustard pretzel pieces called Crackzels, only 75p a bag and very Snyder like in its moreishness, they also do them in Jalapeño and Garlic Bread flavours, not had the former but the latter is very mild and buttery

I'll try them, but that is a ridiculously bad name.

• Paid Members
On 11/18/2022 at 4:50 PM, SuperBacon said:

Revisited these yesterday in Poundland for snacking and I think upon reflection they do indeed beat M&S as my favourite sour cream ones. While I was there…

On 11/18/2022 at 11:46 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

What a shout this was. Picked up the honey mustard ones and Mrs raid and I both loved them. Will be back for the other flavours.