Rey_Piste

Basically since food threads are popular, but people start talking about pretzels in the crisp thread or Haribo in the chocolate thread. This is the thread about all snacks which don't fit into previous threads.

I went on a date last night to a wanky "cafe" AKA a really poncey pub with nothing on tap. That's not important, whats important is these were fucking delicious.

Chorizo-PackProduct-1080h_360x.png?v=157

The almost 3 quid asking price was a shocker, but imagine really crispy pepperoni from a pizza in a bag. They do salami ones as well which sound nice, but I am put off by the price for a relatively small package.

• Paid Members

Considering Jerky normally costs £1.50 in a supermarket, I don't think the price point is too bad for a premium product (£2.50 In Sainsbury’s I’ve just seen). 

on that note, Kings Jerky have started some Vegan Jerky. Currently 99p in Aldi. Tomato and Basil and Black Bean sauce. The black bean ones are really nice and I’m glad I can now have some jerky again

16 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Considering Jerky normally costs £1.50 in a supermarket, I don't think the price point is too bad for a premium product (£2.50 In Sainsbury’s I’ve just seen). 

on that note, Kings Jerky have started some Vegan Jerky. Currently 99p in Aldi. Tomato and Basil and Black Bean sauce. The black bean ones are really nice and I’m glad I can now have some jerky again

I only really wanted a cheap bag of pork scratchings and I was paying nearly 4 quid for a bottle of a so-so IPA. 

As far as the vegan jerky avoid the tomato and basil ones they taste like cardboard with a hint of basil.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I only really wanted a cheap bag of pork scratchings and I was paying nearly 4 quid for a bottle of a so-so IPA. 

As far as the vegan jerky avoid the tomato and basil ones they taste like cardboard with a hint of basil.

Yep, had those last summer. The Black Bean have an actual chew to them

• Awards Moderator
17 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

Basically since food threads are popular, but people start talking about pretzels in the crisp thread or Haribo in the chocolate thread. This is the thread about all snacks which don't fit into previous threads.

I went on a date last night to a wanky "cafe" AKA a really poncey pub with nothing on tap. That's not important, whats important is these were fucking delicious.

Chorizo-PackProduct-1080h_360x.png?v=157

The almost 3 quid asking price was a shocker, but imagine really crispy pepperoni from a pizza in a bag. They do salami ones as well which sound nice, but I am put off by the price for a relatively small package.

These guys were featured in the documentary about Sainsbury's last year, trying to pitch for shelf space. Fair play they've found a niche for 'deluxe' bar snacks and seem to be doing well. 

• Paid Members

As mentioned in the Best Chocolate Bar thread, just been by my local minimart - they've got these crisps in, including the actually-rather-dull Kebab flavour crisps (think it's Dead Mike who's seen these too). I got the "Chakalaka" flavour in the end (can someone clarify if there is such a dish from Africa, and they're not just being Um Bongo-type racist?) - tastes like a cross between Ribs flavour and Thai Sweet Chicken. Might try the Wasabi next time.

1298530004_weirdcrisps.jpg.bd645ea0ee21dd668335b9287214d377.jpg

• Paid Members

I remember Wasabi popcorn in some posh shop in London. Was pretty nice actually. But Kebab crisps never taste anything like Kebabs at all. Always disappointing.

From Wikipedia Chakalaka is a South African vegetable relish,[1] usually spicy, that is traditionally served with bread, pap, samp, stews, or curries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

@mim731 I just looked online and the bags are the same size for £1.50, so I will have to try and pick some up.

Glad it was useful! No idea if they are as good, but you would assume they'll be a similar product.