Rey_Piste

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I've accidentally finished an entire packet of the jalapeno Crackzels in a single sitting. Not especially spicy but very, very tasty.

I can only assume they come in bags bigger than the 75p one because otherwise this isn’t a surprise, is it?

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I've accidentally finished an entire packet of the jalapeno Crackzels in a single sitting. Not especially spicy but very, very tasty.

I've currently got a thing for Sainsbury 33p dark chocolate, I don't know how it's that's decent for such a cheap price.

Morrisons do a very decent white chocolate for around the same price.

I mean you can't really go wrong with what is essentially just sugar, but it's very good.

They used to do excellent midget gems as well for 30p but don't anymore :(

• Paid Members
On 11/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, air_raid said:

What a shout this was. Picked up the honey mustard ones and Mrs raid and I both loved them. Will be back for the other flavours.

Picked up the garlic bread and jalapeño ones yesterday. Garlic was great, slight buttery taste, and jalapeño were also delicious, just the right side of too spicy and sweeter than I imagined but a good taste like the pepper rather than just generic “hot.” Neither were great for Mrs raid which was great news for me. According to the packs they also come in cheddar, sweetcorn, wasabi and buffalo wings flavours.

• Paid Members

Buldak noodlesOriental Mart: Asian Supermarket Online | Oriental Food Store

I'm obsessed with these now. Hotter than anything Nandos can throw at you (low bar accepted), but it actually tastes nice as well. ÂŁ1.40 at Tesco.

Edited by seph

Now we're fucking talking!!! I know @Merzbowloves his noodles too.

Ramen noodles are easily my favourite thing to eat, but I genuinely do think they're taking their toll. I eat them 3 to 4 times a week and have started getting really bad heartburn/acid reflux which my ex is convinced is caused by them. 

Not going to stop me though, I'll just buy a pack of Rennies with them. Fuck it. YOLO.

Had a Buldak multi pack bought for me not long ago, and the 2x Spicy ones (red bastards bottom right) were unlike anything I have ever had. Genuinely unbearable, they hurt as I ate them and I suffered for days. I've had 4x packs since. 10/10

spacer.png

But my absolute favourites are the Nongshim Shin Ramyun ones. I like to eat them as a broth/noodle soup so these are perfect. They have a kick, but it's mostly black pepper so not too spicy.

spacer.png

Morrisons used to sell them but stopped, and any one time I'll have at least 5x packs in the cupboard. 

There is only 1x Asian supermarket in Winchester (where my occasional office is) so I buy the 5 packs when I'm there (or in Southampton where there are a few excellent supermarkets) but this 10 pack was an emergency buy off Amazon.

The best around. Bury me with a pack.

• Paid Members

Nongshim have been the benchmark for some time now. The fact that you can buy them pretty much anywhere in the country now is a testament to how popular (and good) they are.

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Nongshim have been the benchmark for some time now. The fact that you can buy them pretty much anywhere in the country now is a testament to how popular (and good) they are.

It got so bad that when Morrisons stopped stocking them, as my ex used to work there, I got her to go all the way up the Supply Chain team to find out what the ruddy hell was going on?

Turns out it was supply issues. Lol.

Just the absolute best. It's what I'd have as my last meal. 

If you're on a budget then Koka is the brand to buy, not the same quality as a Samyang etc but for 40p or so there's no better. Cheapo supermarket brands are the dirt worst and Maggi aren't much better imo.

I usually go with the Spicy Stir Fry flavor but both Masala and Curry are good. The Veg ones are nice but much harder to find.

spacer.png

On 11/18/2022 at 11:46 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Poundland do a very good version of honey mustard pretzel pieces called Crackzels, only 75p a bag and very Snyder like in its moreishness, they also do them in Jalapeño and Garlic Bread flavours, not had the former but the latter is very mild and buttery

Until I browsed this thread this morning I had no idea, I've just had a pack of the honey mustard, they're bloody lovely. Best 75p I've ever spent. Luckily I bought eight packs just based on the feedback on this thread alone. I'll have to go back to stock up soon