Rey_Piste

• Paid Members
On 8/10/2023 at 9:01 PM, FelatioLips said:

Having a bit of an existential crisis today as One Beyond/One Below started stocking Wonka Dweebs and I got really excited because I used to like them as a kid. Got an Orange/Cola and a Lemonade & Apple and they're fab. I told my coworker and they said they're just Nerds and I was sure Dweebs were different but it turns out I was thinking of Nerds and I'm not sure what Dweebs are.

Either way they're tooth achingly nice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dweebs_(candy)

When Nerds and other Wonka sweets came out in the mid 90’s (I remember bottle caps and Runts which were shaped like tiny fruits) I remember dweebs but didn’t know what the difference was between nerds and dweebs. 

• Paid Members

Found these. Looking at the back of the packet, I think they were American/Canadian import. There was a Twix one as well, which I didn't bother with.

Tasted OK, a little underwhelming.

IMG20230814191801.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Those new KP flavours ("flavour kravers", ugh) are worth it now they’re £1.75 with a Tesco club card instead of £3. Naturally tried all three - the Paprika are really nice, without being particularly similar to any other snack in the same, and I'd probably still buy Walkers Max if I wanted a paprika snack. The Sour Cream n Chive is very reminiscent of the Pringles flavour but in nut form, as I hoped, and best of all the flame grilled steak (as was my heart's desire from a KP product) imports the flavour directly from the McCoys flavour of the same name. Top marks, will buy again.

Of course, soon it's crispy nuts pigs in blankets season. Bitterly disappointed they arent there already considering Xmas chocolate is already in Tesco.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Gutted that Poundland have discontinued Crackzels pretzel pieces. As great as Snyders are I'm not paying £4 for a bag.

Can we verify this? I bought some Bank Holiday weekend (one pack each of garlic and honey/mustard) and I'm starting to shit myself backwards that I should have bought more.

19 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Can we verify this? I bought some Bank Holiday weekend (one pack each of garlic and honey/mustard) and I'm starting to shit myself backwards that I should have bought more.

I asked in-store and the guy I spoke to said they had been. They have disappeared from the Poundland website as well. Seen a few mentions on Reddit when I searched too.

If you see any still in wild. I buy up what you can as it will be the last stock out there.

Just remembered that in the last snack box we had, we received Pizza Sauce flavoured Huligan Pretzel Crush pieces, which were absolutely rank.

I've the Jalapeno and Sriracha ones before and they were nice, but these tasted way too much like olives, and whilst I like olives, this was just awful. Avoid.