Rey_Piste

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That foreseeable future for me would be about an hour.

I went in the shop specifically to buy them as it's been a shitter of a couple of days, the man behind the till gave me a right look..... I'll still go back for more when I run out.

• Paid Members

Do you put them in the fridge for a bit first? I wouldn’t for M&Ms but for minstrels and mini eggs I have to do it. Not sure how controversial that is. 

• Paid Members

I have been persecuted for this in the past. Mini eggs with the shells nicely chilled and a more satisfying crunch to them are so good though. 

Edited by JLM

I can understand the lure of putting them in the fridge, if they get warm, you don't get that satisfying crack when you bite in to the shell. Currently, no fridge is needed. They are in the garage so I don't eat them all at once and have to make an effort to get them (not much mind, I don't actually have to go outside to get in the garage). It's bloody freezing in there at the moment, probably colder than the fridge.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, JLM said:

I have been persecuted for this in the past. Mini eggs with the shells nicelychilled and a more satisfying crunch to them are so good though. 

You wouldn't be doing this if you knew what Russell Brand does with a chilled mini egg.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
On 12/28/2023 at 2:36 PM, Carbomb said:

Only reason why I ever got any clue was back when I saw Gordon Ramsay's Hot Ones interview. He'd brought this sports bag with him, and as the episode went on, he first took out Pepto Bismol and drank it, then started slicing limes and sucking on them.

He still crashed and burned, but I think that's more down to him having a chef's sensitive palate than his countermeasures being ineffectual.

My old local used to sell homemade chilli vodka, it was fucking lethal stuff - apparently up to 1.5 million scovilles; the only thing I've seen bar staff routinely refuse to serve people, because 90% of the time the people ordering it were rugby wankers trying to impress their mates. It had a health warning, and was always handed over by bar staff saying, "if you're going to puke, don't do it in the toilets, go outside". You could always tell the scale of people's awareness/preparedness when ordering it - from just drinking it straight, to asking for a glass of water, to having a glass of milk with it, while the seasoned vets would order a glass of pineapple juice with a slice of lime or lemon.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JLM said:

I have been persecuted for this in the past. Mini eggs with the shells nicely chilled and a more satisfying crunch to them are so good though. 

I wouldn’t, but I do like to put Kit-Kats in the freezer so what do I know.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Regular kit-kats though, right? Not a chunky, because that feels like the work of of a madman. 

I have no idea if this is demented (I worry it is), but on the mini egg front, I sometimes like to pop one in my coffee while it's really hot. Then you have a nice chocolatey, melty surprise at the end. 

Edited by mim731

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Freezer mint aero is god level snack. Will try frozen Kit Kat and see how it goes!