Southside Wrestling closes down and merges with Rev Pro

Accident Prone

It now emerges WWE had a reason beyond spite for shearing Southside of their contracted stars. According to Mike Johnson, writing in PWInsider, NXT officials grew concerned that the event is technically to be ran by RevPro, following an incident this past month which saw referee Aaren Wilde legitimately attacked.

WWE decided they did not want their talent appearing in an environment which they did not approve of, nor subject them to any possible danger that could risk them missing upcoming NXT UK shows.

It's understood the decision is not predicated on RevPro's ongoing relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

• Paid Members

In which case, fair fucks to them. 

I don't know if it's true or not - RevPro have pretty much always been on the "don't work" list for NXT UK talent, after all - but it's good for WWE to be able to set a precedent. 

Makes AEW look a little more foolish for rushing in to help out, though.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I still think that excuse is just a front. WWE can peddle out that reasoning until the cows come home, but the Big Trump Fundraiser letting their independent contractors work in Saudi whilst pulling them from the dangerous Quildan territory just feels bogus. 

I think it's dubious - as I said, RevPro have been on the blacklist since day one anyway - but the incident was absolutely on WWE's radar, and there is a difference between their talent working Saudi Arabia where they're lauded, wined and dined, and probably micro-managed from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave, so not actually in any danger at all, to working indie shows where WWE have no control over them. 

The main reason WWE get involved on indie bookings for NXT UK talent is out of concern that their talent might get hurt, and be unable to work WWE dates. If they feel that what happened with Aaren - and how RevPro managed it - doesn't satisfy them, that feels like a justified decision. Because chances are it wasn't just Ligero and Conners pulled from this show, but NXT UK referees too, and if WWE feel that they can't guarantee their safety, they'll make that call.

Of course, it could all be four dimensional chess designed to make AEW look like pricks for offering their support to the company that battered a ref, who knows?

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I still think that excuse is just a front. WWE can peddle out that reasoning until the cows come home, but the Big Trump Fundraiser letting their independent contractors work in Saudi whilst pulling them from the dangerous Quildan territory just feels bogus. 

Confirmed. Bethnal Green is a more dangerous place than Saudi Arabia.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Makes AEW look a little more foolish for rushing in to help out, though.

Absolutely. Need to stop diving into the shit head first in search of positive pub.

Not sure I can live with a world in which WWE are the beacon of morality but fair play to them. Good decision.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:35 PM, King Pitcos said:

And kfogg, everyone gets bullied on here for their catchphrases. Even me, although that’s because my catchphrases hit too close to home for some people.

No, it’s because you say the same shit over and over with fuck all to back it up with. Still waiting on an example more recent than Batista winning the 2014 Rumble where fans have refused to support good booking based on who booked it. 

Edited by UK Kat Von D