Southside Wrestling closes down and merges with Rev Pro

Accident Prone

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

This paragraph here is what sums it up. 

Obviously, bringing up legal talk will always draw a bit of a snort from people on here, but in any other industry, this would be actionable in court. If you have actual, documented proof that you sought official permission to use specific talent, were granted it, and consequently used said talent as part of your promotional materials, only to have that talent withdrawn without any compensation, you could sue for loss of earnings and expenditure laid out thus far. 

There's nothing stopping Southside from suing WWE is there?   Apart from there's probably something in the contracts the wrestlers signed with WWE.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, The Dart said:

There's nothing stopping Southside from suing WWE is there?   Apart from there's probably something in the contracts the wrestlers signed with WWE.

I didn't think there would be anything stopping them, given how the modern industry seems to have moved a lot away from the informality and "under-the-table" nature of previous decades, and more towards formal, structured business, but I don't know how much of the old mentality still pervades at this point.

There could be something in the contracts, but given that a lot of UK legislation contains clauses that state that certain regulations cannot be contracted out of, I daresay they could be susceptible to challenge if someone wanted to have a go.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t know if you know this, but he works in the music industry* so perhaps he is just repeating the chorus. 

(*Karaoke singer)

Wow how am I a karaoke singer? What really does fucking blow me away with certain people on this forum is just how quick someone like yourself can comment on said forum and not only be so fucking personal for no reason whatsoever but also I have worked my fucking arse off for 10 years on the scene when I was a performer now I promote shows and try to help my local music scene in blackpool,  the first show I did was a 2 day festival to raise money and awareness for mental health problems within in the music industry....something that is extremely personal to me with my well documented mental health problems and ongoing battles.

I don't go on about working in the music industry to make friends or have people think anything more of me than anyone else who works in any other industry, I mention it and talk about it as it's extremely relevant because my entire life revolves around what I do and now trying to put on shows and help the local scene....... 

I can only imagine the bullshit replies I'm now going to get but genuinely what the fuck is wrong with you and where do you get off in making fucking unnecessary constant digs to me when as far as I'm aware I've never had any dealing with you personally so it genuinely makes me wonder why you seem to have found a fucking problem with me