Southside Wrestling closes down and merges with Rev Pro

Accident Prone

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

I don't think so. I'm confident this is because RevPro and Quildan are dodgy, and I wouldn't trust them with my talent if I was paying them as healthily as WWE do either.

WWE do business with murderous dictatorships, I'm pretty sure the Quildan/Bodom debacle is way under their radar.

It's clearly a case of WWE being right shitarses, and pulling two advertised talents close to show time just because they can. This is really going to fuck over the other WWE-UK contracted wrestlers too, as who in their right mind will continue to book and advertise them?

Edited by Accident Prone

4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

WWE do business with murderous dictatorships, I'm pretty sure the Quildan/Bodom debacle is way under their radar.

It's clearly a case of WWE being right shitarses, and pulling two advertised talents close to show time just because they can. This is really going to fuck over the other WWE-UK contracted wrestlers too, as who in their right mind will continue to book and advertise them?

I can't see it. and the business you speak of is completely different. they are paid to take a show somewhere and put it on.

this here, they aren't getting paid anything and are not in control of the show - I don't blame them.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

I can't see it. and the business you speak of is completely different. they are paid to take a show somewhere and put it on.

this here, they aren't getting paid anything and are not in control of the show - I don't blame them.

Yeah, they didn't have to take that deal, but it's money and they did, so now they're in bed with a right bunch of bastards who are way above in the bastard rankings than Josh Bodom and Andy Quildan.

This here, they've taken off El Ligero and JOSEPH CONNERS (all caps to show how ridiculous that is), who were due to appear at a company's last ever show. Southside even stated that they went through the proper channels to get it approved, and it was so approved by WWE that they spent money on advertising for both guys, who are clearly very important to the company.

If anything, WWE will use New Japan as an excuse, and folk like you will use Quildan/Bodom as a way to defend WWE's actions but it's clear to most sane, rational people that they were pulled just because WWE fancied flexing their muscles and it does them, and British wrestling, no good at all.

4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

If anything, WWE will use New Japan as an excuse, and folk like you will use Quildan/Bodom as a way to defend WWE's actions but it's clear to most sane, rational people that they were pulled just because WWE fancied flexing their muscles and it does them, and British wrestling, no good at all.

I don't think thats true. I think anyone that has this ridiculous notion that WWE are the big bad machine and full of spite will say its because of that, but most rational, sane people will know there is more to it.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

This here, they've taken off El Ligero and JOSEPH CONNERS (all caps to show how ridiculous that is), who were due to appear at a company's last ever show. Southside even stated that they went through the proper channels to get it approved, and it was so approved by WWE that they spent money on advertising for both guys, who are clearly very important to the company.

This paragraph here is what sums it up. 

Obviously, bringing up legal talk will always draw a bit of a snort from people on here, but in any other industry, this would be actionable in court. If you have actual, documented proof that you sought official permission to use specific talent, were granted it, and consequently used said talent as part of your promotional materials, only to have that talent withdrawn without any compensation, you could sue for loss of earnings and expenditure laid out thus far. 

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I don't think that situation is anything to do with this, but I'd say you're very wrong thinking it's way under their radar.

More than 2 i think.  Kay Lee Ray and Ilja Dragonuv and possibly others too.

Companies who don't have any ties to other companies that are on WWE's No List will continue to book and advertise them.

Read about this when I got back from Manchester late last night and the worst thing about it all is it was all booked and everyone was happy, they obviously went through the Ightfield channels because how would they not in order to legitimately book any of the wwe holding pen uk wrestlers.... 

I genuinely feel sorry for southside on this for the simple reason this was there last show.....there bow out and thank you to the fans that have supported for 9 years before they close and whatever happens with revpro happens..... the whole excuse making the rounds that it is because they are now working with revpro and wwe flat out won't work with them on anything is bullshit because this wasn't connected with revpro that whole deal hasn't yet officially started.

It just shows what is really going on like we have all known and said from day 1 with those saying it's not the case and nxt-uk is the best for the scene and the British wrestlers......shock horror that's not what's happening and in fact they are indeed signing every known tallent from what was one of the most exciting and innovative few years in the "boom period" and they are not interested in doing anything with them apart from have them in the training centre away from any shows only to maybe get 1 or 2 matches on a takeover or a nxt-uk show on the network every blue moon.

I also agree there are a lot of amazing talent on the scene still that are new and coming up that's aren't signed to wwe however how long do you honestly think they will remain unsigned tallent that could be a viable asset to any UK company and try to help rebuild after the pillage? 

Everyone thinks that wwe are at its best when they have competition but what they are doing is making it almost impossible for anyone in any country to be able to have anything special and alternative for the fans that can't stand the wwe to have instead....

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Is he with WWE now?

My apologies, I'm well out the loop but remember being very impressed with him at 2017s 18Karat.

Yes, he debuted in NXT UK over the summer and had a great match with Cesaro at the Takeover Cardiff event at the end of August.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I don't think that situation is anything to do with this, but I'd say you're very wrong thinking it's way under their radar.

More than 2 i think.  Kay Lee Ray and Ilja Dragonuv and possibly others too.

Companies who don't have any ties to other companies that are on WWE's No List will continue to book and advertise them.

Weird that, because WXW (on WWE's YES list) have had WALTER booked for the big tag league weekend, set to take place in a weeks time, for ages and he only got pulled yesterday due to 'scheduling conflicts' which means he's on the NXT-UK tapings the same weekend (which were announced way after the tag league dates were).

They'll pull whoever they want whenever they want and sooner or later your lower level NXT-UK guys will struggle to get bookings. I mean, who's gonna book Joseph Conners after this? Come on now.

WWE even tried to pull Devlin from OTT earlier this year and he was in the main event with a massive blow-off feud (same with WALTER on the very same show, coincidentally), and OTT had to have those two matches go on first to get round it.

If I were an indy company, and I had no links to Rev Pro or New Japan, I'd be very careful about booking any WWE-UK talent. Hell, Fight Club Pro are part-owned by Trent Seven and they pulled an advertised Pete Dunne from the show on the day and didn't tell the crowd until the show started.

If anything, I actually could see WWE using Quildan/Bodom as a reason but even if they are it's all just a front for WWE to be fucking WWE, trampling around the gaff with the bollocks hanging out just because they can. I mean really, it's not like they've pulled Mark Andrews and or even the Coffeys, it's JOSEPH CONNORS and El Ligero, who are now probably going to spend the day in some warehouse doing drills.