Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

What an awful design though, I kind of love how cheap it looks with that font and everything.

Spar absolutely refuse to do anything more than the bare minimum when it comes to their designs/packaging and I for one salute them for it.

Their pricing is batshit crazy sometimes, but it's always worth a look in on the way back from school. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
24 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Walkers Builders breakfast crisps were rank tho

I didn't mind them, but they really only tasted of egg and a little bit of ketchup - nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Get yourself to Aldi lads, they've got it boxed off at the moment. 

Although not the most exotic flavours I maintain these are the best crisps on the market. They've recently rebranded from 'Mackies' to 'Taylors' (sounds less Scottish innit) so this is likely the end of line stuff 

20230715_100212.thumb.jpg.ccedfed9e91bc98a9d0f44ac5364fa92.jpg

Also, they've got these in for 99p (not crisps but can't be arsed doing 2 posts)

20230715_100131.thumb.jpg.565c24ebe78391c95136cf9b88bdeca1.jpg

• Paid Members

I really didn't enjoy the Mackies pickled onion flavour, though I approve of the ridiculously long bag.

Walkers new gimmick is crisps flavoured like other crisp brands; I had the Monster Munch Pickled Onion flavour ones; they don't taste like Monster Munch, but do taste a lot more like actual pickled onion than either Monster Munch or the older Walkers flavour.

I've tried the Wotsits ones. They're inoffensive but not really strong enough to evoke Wotsits, nor do they scratch the itch left by XL Cheese crisps (which are geographically limited - I recently had some for the first time in yeeeears and was disappointed by what seemed like a reduced amount of flavouring).

• Paid Members
On 7/15/2023 at 10:43 AM, Dead Mike said:

Although not the most exotic flavours I maintain these are the best crisps on the market. They've recently rebranded from 'Mackies' to 'Taylors' (sounds less Scottish innit) 

Strange move considering there's already a Taylor's on the market:

5039378000638.jpeg.jpg.bf1bf10e0e0bfc7d44d21c9903881de6.jpg