The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

18 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Dangerous? He looks like he couldn't beat my nan! 

True, I think I've made my dislike for him clear on here before but for some reason they perceive him as "dangerous" so if they're going to use him they might away play on that, and job him out..

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They’ve announced that Kenny Omega is defending the AAA Mega Campeón Championship against Sammy Guevara this week, a title that they haven’t mentioned Omega as holding for the better part of 4 months

What's the story behind Sammy getting a title shot?

It seems that they are switching the format to exhibition matches and will probably be accompanied by standalone stories told through one episode. Not a bad idea really considering we don’t know how long this will be going on for.

Interviews for the match, video package then exhibition match. Three of those over the course of one episode would work well. Kind of like what Main Event used to be I guess. 

They can’t just indefinitely build to Blood And Guts. 

• Paid Members

it's not so much a local talent/squash match thing as them trying to help out with bookings for talent that are losing work because of the Coronavirus, so I expect some of them will be competitive matches. Hopefully they pick up Suge D, he's great.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

it's not so much a local talent/squash match thing as them trying to help out with bookings for talent that are losing work because of the Coronavirus, so I expect some of them will be competitive matches. Hopefully they pick up Suge D, he's great.

Brother of Heavy? 

Apparently Matt Hardy’s big idea that Vince McMahon wouldn’t let him do was be a sort of GM of a jobber division and have 15 minutes of the show to do the voice and book matches between workrate guys. It’s obviously a terrible idea for WWE, but it could be perfect for AEW Dark.

• Paid Members

I just got done playing the career mode on WWE 2K19, and in that you go to Matt Hardy's "Multiverse" at one point, and later he gives you the opportunity to wrestle Bret Hart in his prime as a side match to the main story. I thought it was a waste of that concept to have it only used once in the game when it could have been fleshed out into something more entertaining.

Reading that idea, that's what a Matt Hardy GM role should like - basically an "alternate universe" show, with people randomly playing previous gimmicks, or whole new characters, random old wrestlers showing up for a one-off, all explained by Matt's bullshit cosmology.

• Paid Members

Yeah so that didn't work. Tony is painfully exposed without Excalibur (and I love the guy). But he shouldn't be in that position. Ex gets a lot of stick but comparatively he keeps up with the action.

The AAA match wasn't nearly what it should be and the Hardy Jericho promo was a car crash. Not Austin playing with a good holding up a number bad but it didn't land. 

The Jake Roberts promo was ace.

For my money Brody Lee and Matt Hardy are in the wrong spots. Brody can't carry a promo and Hardy can't be taken seriously as a top guy. Not that the Brody match was booked right. He should have murdered QT.

The best bit was the Hager match. A good old squash.