The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I take everything back. If anything is going to result in the Good Brothers having a more prominent role then I hope Bobby Fish only has the one match and The Elite never break up.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I don't want any more NXT twats in my AEW. Or really anymore ex WWE guys. They have enough of them now. I'd like to see more indie/less known guys like Ricky Starks, Will Hobbs, Ethan Page coming in and rising to the occasion making a name for themselves. No one in NXT or WWE at all that I want to see make the jump. And that includes Kevin Owens and Sami Zayne.

• Paid Members

They've only announced 4 matches for tonight rather than the usual 6 which is strange. So either that ladder match is going long, they've got a whole bunch of angles/promos planned or a surprise match or two planned. Also no mention of CM Punk on the show. I'm definitely intrigued. 

Punk was teasing on insta if he’d do commentary or wrestle. 

or……same night cash in of the title shot 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

If there's a split I'd imagine it being Omega being booted out, Cole & The Bucks have their own seperate name and already feel like a closer knit bunch.

I agree. There's storyline motivation too. Kenny kicked Cole out of Bullet Club and, as I will keep insisting until they actually say otherwise, Kenny was the one who convinced Hangman to cost the Bucks their title shot last year. Page even teased saying it not that long ago, during that segment where he wanted to "clear something up", the week after The Bucks did the same thing to him.

Fuck knows what you do with Omega though. The Superkliq are far better as heels but, a storyline like that isn't exactly going to turn Kenny babyface. Maybe just have them injure him and give him some time off?

Wow what a show! Stayed up late to watch live in the hope that Hangman was the joker. That 2 hours flew by and to me was ppv quality, it felt like a steal getting it on FITE for like a quid. Opener was fantastic, main event was fantastic and everything else was great, loads of promos and backstage action. Being picky, would have liked Bobby Fish to get less in and Sammy to have shined a little more. Overall it feels like a TV show from wrestlings heyday of late 90s, so much going on, doesn't all work but the good makes the bad acceptable. Plus Arn Anderson having a bonfire in Cody's back garden..... I love it all. Hook up my veins to the AEW machine ❤️

• Paid Members

Once again AEW knocks it out the park. Sometimes the predictable pay-off is what people want and the pop for Hangman Adam Page proved that once again. 

How they continue to deliver whilst planting enough doubt about the outcome is incredible, like magic dust. 

How the crowd reacted to Hangman’s entrance and then his win brought a tear to my eye at both points. The crowd was great all night, makes it a much easier watch with the noise and interaction