Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

If they sell beer for consumption on the premises they are a pub regardless of the adjacent brewery, surely. 

I love going to brewery taps and micropubs but hate that "there's no WiFi because it kills conversation" line I see a lot because it's rubbish. You're too cheap or don't get the headcount for it, just admit it. 

To be fair to them, I once went to a pub that only served their own drinks with a few friends for my birthday and two of them properly sulked about there being no recognisable names. One literally said "why have you taken us here" as if I'd betrayed her by going somewhere that didn't serve Woo Woos. So I can see why a disclaimer out the front might be helpful.

But yeah, they're obviously tossers. I hate that smug superiority style of marketing. 

• Paid Members

yeah, having a disclaimer isn't the problem if it saves the "what, you don't do Carling?" conversations in craft beer places and breweries, but you don't have to be a dickhead about it. It's the hipster equivalent of one of those "what's the matter, lager boy?" Hobgoblin T-shirts that middle aged real ale wankers wear.

The "we play our own record collection" bit is the real "so fucking what?" about it all. 

Probably a shithole run by pricks. Hopefully their beer's better than their graphic design.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, 5pints 2.0 said:

The new series of The Apprentice.

Just expand that to anything involving Sugar. A bloke that became rich from selling useless computers to idiots, has a show which has been unwatchable for at least a decade and who spends the rest of his time being a cunt on Twitter.

14 hours ago, 5pints 2.0 said:

The new series of The Apprentice.

Once it stopped being 'Some of the brightest business brains in Britain' to 'Strictly Big Love Apprentice Brother Island' type contestants it went downhill very quickly 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Just expand that to anything involving Sugar. A bloke that became rich from selling useless computers to idiots, has a show which has been unwatchable for at least a decade and who spends the rest of his time being a cunt on Twitter.

It should be pointed out that the bulk of his fortune comes from his properties. He's nowhere near the innovator or visionary he tries to make out he is.