Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

poetry is shite isn’t it? 

With the exception of John Cooper Clarke yes, it's awful. 

I ended up with a book of Ted Hughes once and it was genuinely painful trying to read it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/bbc-centenary-poem-poet-laureate-simon-armitage/

Just seeing the name Simon Armitage is giving me GCSE PTSD but when you read the poem it’s even worse than you’d expect. 
I know it’s subjective and it’s probably more for the unpopular opinion thread but poetry is shite isn’t it? 

I managed less than half way through. The constant switching between people made it feel like a Fast Show parody of Armitage.

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/bbc-centenary-poem-poet-laureate-simon-armitage/

Just seeing the name Simon Armitage is giving me GCSE PTSD but when you read the poem it’s even worse than you’d expect. 
I know it’s subjective and it’s probably more for the unpopular opinion thread but poetry is shite isn’t it? 

I think GCSE PTSD is responsible for entire generations of people being completely poetry-averse. It was Carol Ann Duffy’s fault in our school though. That bloody onion, and the stupid snowman she stole.

• Paid Members

Philip Larkin and Sylvia Plath at our school. Although I have come to appreciate both now.

There's some poetry I enjoy, and Frank Skinners podcast on the subject is good listening. It also introduced me to Caroline Bird and Donna Stonecipher, both good modern poets.

Simon Armitage is rank though.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

Sausage Party is being made into a TV series.

https://screencrush.com/sausage-party-tv-series/

Sausage Party made for a mildly amusing trailer. The film was woeful and making an ( I expect 4 hour long) tv series just seems like barrel scraping. I didn’t think it did well at the box office, certainly not enough for a follow up.

52 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Now this would clearly be unbelievably shit, but I'd watch it.

Even in this ever changing world some things refuse to bend. Meet Gunnery Sergeant Quint North. A creature of habit and discipline, the current PC world and patriots are the enemy of progress mentality makes no sense at all to him. The propensity of athletes taking a knee and disrespecting not only this great country but also those who gave their lives protecting it makes even less. But what can one man do to fight the intentional decay of the greatest country the world has ever known? Speak out. Live a patriotic example. And, if necessary, die for his flag. Why..? Because she's worth it.—John Schneider

If there’s a MAGA Tinder this is definitely in his bio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Lee Lard is the UK’s No.1 Peter Kay tribute act. The most popular comedy tribute in the UK today, a very funny comedian, with an hilarious one hour comedy show.

Now in his 14th year and with over 3000 performances under his belt, Lee Lard is still being voted the most popular comedy tribute act in the UK!

Lee’s outstanding tribute to Bolton’s funny man Peter Kay has now been enjoyed by thousands of fans throughout the UK and abroad.

Lee Lard’s Peter Kay Tribute Show is as popular now as ever and continues to ‘sell out’ wherever he goes.

Lee started as a comic back in 1993 and turned pro in the year 2000. In the early days, working in a comedy duo called Lean & Lard. After learning the craft and serving his apprenticeship in the tough northern clubland for 10 years, Lee made the move to go alone. After being invited to work alone side Peter Kay on the biggest Comic Relief video ever in March 2005 this new comedy career was born!

Delivering his own hilarious ‘Peter Kay’ style of stand-up comedy, Lee appeals to audiences of all ages.best

Fg2H6oeXEAA7abV.jpeg

Edited by Tommy!