Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

Watched part 2 of the Benoit one. For all the grief Jericho has had through his career , the amount he does low key away from wrestling to help folk out with money and helping people get back in contact is superb. Really deserves praise 

5 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

The last 5 minutes of part 2 are a gut punch. That poor kid (David). 

Great him and his aunt were able to reconnect. I hope it helps them both. 

Agreed mate. Really emotional stuff.

Collateral Damage essentially.

• Paid Members

Haven’t watched them myself yet but here’s both parts of the Benoit episode. 

Part 1;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4mAlS_T9I

Part 2; 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFQMhb6kRY

Like someone else said, they mightn’t be up long.

Listened to a bit of Cornette interviewing the producer of the series and they said Kevin Sullivan declined to be interviewed. You know the tin-foilers are going to jump all over that. They said Owen’s kids were interviewed for his episode as well. That’s going to be a tough watch. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Louch said:

Watched part 2 of the Benoit one. For all the grief Jericho has had through his career , the amount he does low key away from wrestling to help folk out with money and helping people get back in contact is superb. Really deserves praise 

I don't know why he's had any grief at all really. He's probably been one of the most consistently entertaining and creative wrestlers of all time especially for someone who's been around for so long.

I love Jericho. The most consistently entertaining all round performer there's ever been in my opinion. But yeah I know some people were having a pop before this aired, but fair play to him for getting them two back together. I think the sister has said before that Jericho always kept in touch along with Paul E, so good on them.

JR should have been dropped from this. Spinning the same 'mainstream media' drivel. I was glad they concentrated on Nancy a lot as well. She deserves better than to be defined by the actions of a murderer.

Still a mad story. I do agree that pinning it on one thing is probably wrong. So many things occured beforehand for what happened on that weekend to have happened.

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Haven’t watched them myself yet but here’s both parts of the Benoit episode. 

Part 1;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4mAlS_T9I

Part 2; 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsFQMhb6kRY

Like someone else said, they mightn’t be up long.

Already been taken off. :(

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I think the sister has said before that Jericho always kept in touch along with Paul E, so good on them.

She was the guest on a Talk Is Jericho podcast last year and they talked about being in contact all these years. It was an interesting interview.

• Paid Members

They definitely needed a laughter track in place when they asked "did WWE provide any aftercare for the family?"

JR's a fucking embarrassment I thought. You'd not see anything in the sheets or the news sites since he's a source for them and they're all marks for him because he's not Michael Cole, but he's a useless, uncaring cunt and always defensive regardless of the situation. Double murder/suicide, Owen Hart dropping from the ceiling or someone slagging off his commentary. His tone remains the same throughout.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They definitely needed a laughter track in place when they asked "did WWE provide any aftercare for the family?"

JR's a fucking embarrassment I thought. You'd not see anything in the sheets or the news sites since he's a source for them and they're all marks for him because he's not Michael Cole, but he's a useless, uncaring cunt and always defensive regardless of the situation. Double murder/suicide, Owen Hart dropping from the ceiling or someone slagging off his commentary. His tone remains the same throughout.

He stuck out like a sore thumb in a show where everyone else was being real and open, and he's just sat there talking about the press coverage like he's moaning about a neighbour whose security light shines through his bedroom window sometimes.

I know this isn't the "JR's a cunt" thread, but every time I see him, I can't stop thinking about how much he's said to have despised and kicked against Vince's initial idea to turn him from Jim Ross into the gimmick of JR, and make him wear a hat. He's not even working for them now, and still doesn't take the hat off for his yearly bath. It's like if Mark Henry did his strongman commentary while slurping on a dildo and going on about how horny Sexual Chocolate is.

Edited by Astro Hollywood