Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, FUM said:

They specifically mentioned on comms how the US title can be won by Raw or SD women so I doubt it. There’s space for a womens midcard title but certainly not for each brand.

If you’re talking to what Michael Cole said, I didn’t think his wording in that respect was clear either way as to how this would work.

Posted
7 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

If you’re talking to what Michael Cole said, I didn’t think his wording in that respect was clear either way as to how this would work.

I got the impression that the initial champion could come from Raw or Smackdown but that it would be a Smackdown exclusive title going forward. But that's just my interpretation. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Dont do it then.

Plenty of other ways to write somebody off rather than doing something that looked that terrible.

Has a piledriver ever really looked any good without dropping someone actually on their head or having RVD bounce himself up into the air after?

I think it looked fine in the idea that the way Owens delivered it, while Ortons head didn't hit the mat his neck and shoulders were still contained and pressed in a shunting motion which for someone with neck and spinal issues is going to cause problems.

We live in a generation where Dustin Rhodes uses a flip pile driver as a transition move or a two count.

Sometimes it's just nice for a move that has history of being banned in Mexico as an illegal manoeuvre and was banned in WWE due to Austins neck break amongst others to have a bit of a storyline resurgence to underpin how "dangerous" it can be.

Posted
15 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’d love to know what’s clicked in Solo’s head the last few weeks. He’s completely turned it around and became wildly entertaining. Rocky Maivia’s turtleneck and chain combo was amazing.

I expect it’ll be four-on-four. No way they randomly introduce a new character with three weeks to go. That’s not their style at all. If Taller Tonga or Longa Tonga are coming in, it’ll most likely be at the pay per view itself. Also wouldn’t be shocked if Rock turned up to cost Roman. And take over creative from Hunter.

Would be funny if The Goodline’s fifth man was Paul Heyman though. Four months on Ozempic and Growth Hormone.

As the spunk has settled, I’ve had time to reflect. It’s the angry, scary, Canadian elephant in the room.

Sami Zayn has just made friends with Roman Reigns.

Kevin Owens is going to fucking kill him!

Owens is absolutely justified aswell!

He warned Sami not to let him down again....Sami drew him back in and now in Owens eyes he's sold his soul to the devils....

Pile drivers all round please, can't wait! 

 

Posted
15 minutes ago, thatvinylgeek said:

Owens is absolutely justified aswell!

He warned Sami not to let him down again....Sami drew him back in and now in Owens eyes he's sold his soul to the devils....

Pile drivers all round please, can't wait! 

 

I'm not sure about this. I think it'd be a pretty clear 'KO is in the wrong, Sami is the good guy' situation.

People who are 'absolutely justified' don't warn people not to let them down again. That's madman behaviour.

I think what I like about the KO turn so far is that whilst his internal logic makes sense to him, from the outside you can see he's just a bitter nut job.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
45 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

Has a piledriver ever really looked any good without dropping someone actually on their head or having RVD bounce himself up into the air after?

As usual, the answer is ‘it looked great when Bret did it’.

SycL5.gif

SycLo.gif

SycLJ.gif

Posted
20 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I'm not sure about this. I think it'd be a pretty clear 'KO is in the wrong, Sami is the good guy' situation.

People who are 'absolutely justified' don't warn people not to let them down again. That's madman behaviour.

I think what I like about the KO turn so far is that whilst his internal logic makes sense to him, from the outside you can see he's just a bitter nut job.

 

Oh I'm completey with you, I meant KO will think he's completely justified (reading back that wasn't very clear), he's very much still the heel. 

Posted

For as shit as that piledriver looked it’s a perfect example of how WWE can do more with less. It’s not about the execution looking deadly it’s the fallout and aftermath. One shit piledriver and a neck brace has more effect on my dumb brain than Canadian Destroyers on aprons and atomic piledrivers from the top turnbuckle.

Posted
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

For as shit as that piledriver looked it’s a perfect example of how WWE can do more with less. It’s not about the execution looking deadly it’s the fallout and aftermath. One shit piledriver and a neck brace has more effect on my dumb brain than Canadian Destroyers on aprons and atomic piledrivers from the top turnbuckle.

Yeah that's why I enjoyed the angle so much. It reminds me more of when I started watching and moves had more impact rather than everything just being a transitional move. These days everyone gets up from everything and it's tough to get a reaction because how far can you push it? I get audiences are different these days but it is nice to see a more straight forward and simplistic approach sometimes.

Posted
6 hours ago, Rockbus2 said:

I got the impression that the initial champion could come from Raw or Smackdown but that it would be a Smackdown exclusive title going forward. But that's just my interpretation. 

I can understand that interpretation based on the wording but it makes no sense to me that Aldis would allow a Raw individual to win his brand exclusive Championship so I took it as Raw and SD women will compete for it going forward.

Back up the love for the KO/Orton angle. Two guys in the form of their life. I didn’t really notice it was a shitty piledriver in the moment so not too worried about that now I’ve seen the replays. The sell was excellent.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

For as shit as that piledriver looked it’s a perfect example of how WWE can do more with less.

Modern WWE has mad bumps galore though so surely it's a bit difficult to buy a shit piledriver as a career ending move?

If you watch this video for example there is dozens of bumps in it that look ten times more devastating that that piledriver, including some hideous head and neck bumps:

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, there’s some real have-your-cake-and-eat-it stuff going on here. Proper tell-don’t-show. You can see what they’re trying to do, making out like the Piledriver is a banned move that is super devastating, but they’re not actually disciplined with dangerous moves at all.

You’ll see far wilder stuff every single week. It’s only the weird tribal fans who actually believe that WWE has re-taught the audience or re-established the sense of danger. It’s bollocks. Same way you’ll sometimes see the safety police saying, “AEW needs a Performance Center,” as if WWE’s Performance Center doesn’t exclusively exist to get green female trainees to do ridiculously stupid ladder bumps and tear their knees to shreds.

Edited by Supremo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...