Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
14 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I dunno, it was only a few months ago Punk and Heyman were stood in the ring on Smackdown together, where Heyman asked for Punk to step out of the ring as Solo etc were coming down. Heyman asked Punk to take him with him.

Punk is also advertised for Survior Series so I don't know what else he would be doing there.

Forgot to say, my favourite part of this show was Angelo Dawkins smacking one of those MCMG wieners straight in the mouth after the match. Brilliant stuff.

Not a fan of MCMG?

Posted

I still don’t really get why they thought adding the 5th men to this was necessary, I’d be interested to know what the reason was behind not just sticking with the 4 v 4. The focus of a Bloodline War Games match shouldn’t really be ‘can Roman co exist with Seth Rollins?’

If it wasn’t for that I’d be happy Bronson is getting involved. Big fan of the guy.  

Posted

God bless everyone still trying to fantasy book their way out of Seth.

It's Seth. Of course it's fucking Seth. They filmed this week's Raw already and though I haven't read the spoilers, I bet the universe already knows it's Seth and that's why the weather has taken such a melancholy turn.

Fucking Seth Rollins. I'd rather Chris Jericho.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

IMG_0182.thumb.jpeg.05cb61171f94b9293308014bf8fb1439.jpeg

This was the worst part. We were so close! We could have had it all! Like looking forward to a meal all day, smelling it as it comes out of the kitchen, only for someone to sneeze into it just before you tuck in.

Shades of The Shield squaring off with The Wyatt Family. The 2014 equivalent to what’s happening here would be for them to do the awesome Shield/Wyatts angle, set the match up, then crowbar Dolph Ziggler into the match at the last minute.

I do wonder if they’ve been handcuffed by recording shows ahead of time. Most of the reaction online has been people complaining it should be Four-on-Four, but I assume there’s no wiggle room to pivot when next week’s show is already in the can.

The Rock somewhere, already pitching double or triple tapings for Mania season, save the crowd turning on whatever bullshit creative he has in store.

But yeah, the only positive about Seth getting involved is imagining the Kevin Owens character getting even angrier. The Fed’s Maddest Man.

Edited by Supremo
Posted (edited)

After the Jacob Fatu staredown and the Heyman chat earlier in the year, I'm still holding on to some hope (cope) that Bron Breakker will be the 5th OG Bloodline instead of Seth Freakin'. Him blasting through everyone sounds like fun.

The Kevin Owens thing is really good. I like that they've established there's a structure, with rules and consequences. So Owens simply jumping people backstage or hitting a piledriver feels far more dangerous and believable than the Wyatts kidnapping folk, or Moxley on the other channel sticking bags over peoples heads. HHH did a great job of talking him up as a menace the other week too. I fully buy him as a threat to the title now.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash
  • Paid Members
Posted

OK. I admit it. It's going to be Seth Rollins.

My Week of Watching Wrestling continued with Smackdown from somewhere, I didn't catch where because my daughter was asking for cake.

Opened up with that decent Cody Rhodes / Nick Aldis segment. I think they're overselling a piledriver somewhat - spinal damage ffs?! But they're both really good on the mic and sold this segment really well.

The Bayley / B-Fab / Candice LeRae triple threat was pretty decent. B-Fab looked quite good if a little bit nervous but they could do something with her. LeRae's a solid hand. Not a bad match at all.

We got a Chelsea Green sighting! I wish they'd separate her from Piper Niven though, she's absolutely bobbins.

Then LA Knight. And unfortunately he talked. And then wrestled. Yeah. I swear it's been about 2 years since I watched a full Smackdown and Escobar's group were on that one and they're still here now, going nowhere. I thought they were going to push Escobar after that Rey Mysterio feud. Never happened. Berto looked alright in this match, though. Nakamura's back, anyway, and he's going to feud with LA Knight and I can't wait to fast-forward that one.

Then the Big Fight. It was great and exactly what we all wanted and Bronson Reed's involvement is excellent but obviously the downside to that is the obvious. I don't actively hate Rollins as much as most on here because I know that when he behaves he's got something to contribute, as he did around WrestleMania. And in storyline terms it makes even more sense now. So I am hopeful that he'll play it serious again here but will happily fall on my sword when he doesn't and comes out dressed like a nipple.

On a sidenote, Tonga Loa couldn't even post Roman Reigns without ballsing it up. The highlight of the show.

I really liked Kevin Owens' video and his side of the story. It feels like he's being given a bit of poetic licence with this stuff and it really works for him. Long may it continue.

MCMG vs Street Profits was shaping up to be one of the best matches of the year until the slow, wet fart of Ciampa and Johnny sodding Wrestling involved themselves. It was *such* a good match as well, was having a great time. Street Profits should have split up by now but in the meantime they're still a cracking team who I always like. But honestly. Who wants to see DIY in the year of our lord 2024.

And then. A miracle. A good Nia Jax match. No, actually, a GREAT Nia Jax match. With NAOMI. Who is also quite rubbish. How the fuck did this happen? I have absolutely no idea. Was there too much outside farting around? Of course, it's WWE. But honestly, this was such a good match that I can't believe it was actually these two in it. I might watch it again just in case I fell asleep and dreamt it but what the utter fuck happened here. Big fan of Tiffany's "YAAAAS QUEEN!" scream, too.

The final twist of a broken Roman not getting through to the Wise Man was magnificent, too. One of the best endings to a wrestling show I've seen. It's ok, Roman. At least you didn't call The People's Bottle Pisser by mistake.

A really fun episode of TV that, both WWE shows this week. Even so, I don't know how you lot do this. But I see the appeal.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Given Heyman’s history, it is on brand that the cheap bastard wouldn’t just buy a new phone.

Probably got declined trying to buy an iPhone 16 Pro Max with Chris Candido’s credit card.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Given Heyman’s history, it is on brand that the cheap bastard wouldn’t just buy a new phone.

Probably got declined trying to buy an iPhone 16 Pro Max with Chris Candido’s credit card.

If your phone is switched off it would say so or go to voicemail. Disconnected means the number itself has been terminated.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If your phone is switched off it would say so or go to voicemail. Disconnected means the number itself has been terminated.

When somebody throws you into a corner of the ring your body doesn't automatically swing round.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...